• ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    bluewraith;This what I am worried about if I ever get one.. :([/QUOTE said:
    I'm not sure I see the problem there...Hubby wanted me to run a few thru his and I LOVED it. Could shoot prone and from the bench but because of all his tweaky upgrades it was too heavy for me to stand and shoot. So, several months later we broke open our "gun money" piggy bank and had what we needed for me to pick one that suited me better.

It kinda goes along the lines of the "pink guns" discussion. You'll get an AR you like, she will enjoy shooting it but will want to tweak a few things "it's too heavy" "the butt stock is too long for my arms"...you will offer her a chance to shop what's out there and (if you've called ahead and had the sales guy in cahoots with you like my hubby did) there will be some strategic showmanship and the next thing you know you are a two AR family.

LOL, now I gotta go and smack my husband because I just figured out what he did... Good luck to you.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife hasnt taken to my AR yet, though it seems that every other gun I own she is interested in having one of her very own. Her most recent epiphany has been that she wants a LR target rifle like my .308 Remington.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    All the women AR shooters on this thread need to come kidnap my wife, take her to the range and show her why an AR is something a woman can shoot. My wife absolutely is scared crapless of my AR, claims it recoils too much and that it hurts her ears. Shes a heck of a shot and loves to plink, but not my AR though she'll blast all day with her 20 gauge, makes no sense to me.

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    All the women AR shooters on this thread need to come kidnap my wife, take her to the range and show her why an AR is something a woman can shoot. My wife absolutely is scared crapless of my AR, claims it recoils too much and that it hurts her ears. Shes a heck of a shot and loves to plink, but not my AR though she'll blast all day with her 20 gauge, makes no sense to me.

Okay will do! lol. I don't know what your wife is talking about. There is barely any recoil on the AR my bf has. Now if you really want her to start liking your AR.... maybe you should have her shoot an M1 garand then she will feel how bad of a recoil that gun has and start loving your AR!!!!!!!! So where do you live? lol. jk

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    Update from op...
    Gf just read about the zombie Guy chewing on the other guys face, all of a sudden completely intro prepping and wants her own AR and ammo stash. This is gonna be expensive.

Edit: unfortunately she also wants the same aimpoint setup. This is gonna hurt the back pocket.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Update from op...
    Gf just read about the zombie Guy chewing on the other guys face, all of a sudden completely intro prepping and wants her own AR and ammo stash. This is gonna be expensive.

Edit: unfortunately she also wants the same aimpoint setup. This is gonna hurt the back pocket.

Its a good problem to have ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom