• ...and so much more!
  • G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I know a little, there are seven models:
    Anaconda, Boa, Cobra, Diamondback, King Cobra, Python and Viper. OF those, the Boa, and the Viper are generally the most expensive to acquire if you desire a "set". I leave you to do the rest of the research on your own. I just don't possess that energy and dedication right now...

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Anaconda, Boa, Cobra, Diamondback, King Cobra, Python and Viper. OF those, the Boa, and the Viper are generally the most expensive to acquire if you desire a "set". I leave you to do the rest of the research on your own. I just don't possess that energy and dedication right now...

Hey, that's good enough for me. I can find them a lot easier now. Thanks!

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy

Are you sure the Cobra and King Cobra are separate? Can't find a model named just the "Cobra" but get lots of results for the KC.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    No prob. I have been saving to acquire a set for some time. I have 4 of the 7. I need the Python, Boa, and Viper... and I am still hoarding the money for when the chance presents itself.

Let me preface my post by saying; YOU'VE MADE ME VERY JELLY! I'm coming over, stay there, I'll bring the bacon and ammo. You just give me time and a place to shoot :D

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Are you sure the Cobra and King Cobra are separate? Can't find a model named just the "Cobra" but get lots of results for the KC.

Yes, the Cobra/Combat Cobra, are separate from the King Cobra.

As a side note, the four Colt Snake guns that I do own, I inherited, I didn't buy. But I will see if we can get a range day together, and meet up somewhere. I honestly have no idea when my next free day off is.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Anaconda:
    18214_3590_1_md.jpg

Python:
    Colt%20Python.jpg

King Cobra:
    coltkingcobra1.jpeg

Cobra:
    400px-Cobra_38spl.jpg

Boa:
    boa1pr0.jpg

Viper:
    rad35A9512552.jpg

Last edited:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Okay.. I am back with books in hand. The Cobra is a lightweight alloy revolver that was produced in .38 Spec, .32CNP, and .22LR. First model production was from 1950-1971 and weighing 15 ounces unloaded with 2-inch barrel. In 1972 they Colt introduced the improved Second Model, which was produced until 1986, recognizable by its shrouded ejector rod, with an unloaded weight of 16 ounces. The Cobra is the same overall size and configuration as the famous Colt Detective Special and uses the same size "D" frame. However, the Cobra's frame is constructed of light-weight aluminum alloy as compared to the all-steel frame of the Detective Special.

Pic:
    2694805140010258782S600x600Q85.jpg

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    All i know is that the Anaconda with the 4in. barrel has one hell of a kick, fun, as long as it's only a few rounds at a time. I love them all, my boss keeps telling me to sell this "King Cobra", never mind, sell it, don't sell it. I would have a hard time making the decision. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the snake series Colt's.

Top Bottom