• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    How many of you guys are tall with long arms? I've always loved the looks of the lever actions, but the few I've ever handled just seem really short and compact, to the point of being awkward feeling. I guess I need to go and handle some to find one that seems to fit.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I have a .44 Mag with a 16 inch barrel and the large loop. Nice looking gun that is smooth and accurate. I highly recommend them.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    If you do purchas a '92, you may want to pick up a DVD from Nate Kiowa Jones at stevesgunz.com. Steve is the '92 expert and his videos are excellent in slowing the tricks for slicking up this rifle.

ol' poke

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    How many of you guys are tall with long arms? I've always loved the looks of the lever actions, but the few I've ever handled just seem really short and compact, to the point of being awkward feeling. I guess I need to go and handle some to find one that seems to fit.

I'm a little under 6' and have slightly longer than average arms for height. No issues. I have seen Hickok45 videos where he looks awkward with his lever guns but then again, I think he has mentioned that he is 6'6-ish and has long arms. Even if I were taller with longer arms, I doubt I'd notice much of an awkward feeling as I don't hold real far forward on the fore end of any rifles. It has always just felt pretty comfortable for me to stay fairly compact.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I appreciate everyones feedback on the Rossi lever guns. I did some trading with a young man this eve and ended up with a Puma imported by Legacy Sports Int., .44 Mag 24" Octagon barrel in Blue. He wanted my Cimarron .45 Colt SA revolver so we both left happy. I has my sights set on a .45 Cal rifle but my current reload round is .44 Spcl / Mag so this will work just fine.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I have owned two pre-Taurus Rossi M92's, both in .357/.38 Spl. for a good many years now. Would hate to part with either of them, but most especially the little 16" bbl. Trapper. IMHO, it makes a just about 'perfect' CF woods bumming and general "fun stuff" carbine.

Very lightweight (5#9oz w/receiver sight), 35" QAL and handles like a dream! It will group five of my GP handloads into a bit over 1 3/8" at 50 yds from the bench when I'm doing things right and feeds about anything (with the exception of full WC loads) flawlessly if you work the action 'smartly'.

OTB, both were a bit tight and a little gritty-feeling but a good cleaning and the proper lube, plus a few hundred rds. of use, slicked them up nicely.

My beloved old IMI Timberwolf pump is still my favorite .357 carbine, but the Rossis are a very close second.

Just MO, but I think that a .357/.38 carbine is about the most all-around practical and versatile CF longarm one can have. Everybody ought to have at least one.:yesway:

Dionesius3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Alabama
    I have a m92 in 45 colt with 16" barrel. It is the most accurate rifle of it's type I have ever owned. And I have owned marlins, winchesters, and several others. The fit of the stock is as good as any Winchester made since 1970. The stock is not American hardwood, but it does not look bad. The blue is not a good hot blue. It is likely a chemical blue, but it is good enough for the money. The metal is not polished as smooth as older guns were, but again it's not bad. All in all I think they are a great value for the money. And if you are not looking for a perfect gun then they will do everything most people could ever want.
    I just bought one this past weekend and I liked it so well I am going to get another in 357 as soon as I find a nice one for sale at the gun show.

drnorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a pre-Taurus carbine in 45 colt. It is one of my favorites. I reload most of my rounds and use black powder substitutes rather than smokeless. The guys at the range kid me because I smoke up the range but of course every one of them wants to shoot it. I love the way it handles and it is easy to get out of the scabbard while on the horse.
    I got it used and at first there were some feed issues but that was left over crud from the first owner. A little TLC took care of that and I have never had another issue.

Cowboy 44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Like dr horrid said its a smooth carry gun on horse I carry mine left front its a fair amount lighter than my winchester(30-30)

Top Bottom