• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Anyone have any experience open carrying in this mall? I did not see any signs posted when I entered last week. I was carrying, but concealed.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    There are signs at the entrances, or at least were a couple weeks ago. If you are caught, they will ask you to leave.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    There are signs at the entrances, or at least were a couple weeks ago. If you are caught, they will ask you to leave.

No, there is ONE sign at ONE entrance. The main one, that faces Glenbrook Dodge (with the big flag).
    Plus, it's worded in a double negative that says of the things NOT allowed, "no weapons" is one. But I digress... One sign.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Glenbrook002.jpg

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    So you can't take a firearm in there, but what about another weapon that is NOT Illegal. The sign only rules against firearms and ILLEGAL weapons. Could I walk around with my bow and a quiver full of arrows?

No, the sign is a preference of the business. It is not illegal to disobey the sign any more than going into a store with no shoes. If you go into a store with no shoes and a police officer see's you there are not laws on the books making it illegal. If the owner asked you to leave and you leave you followed the law. If the owner asks you to leave and you refuse, they can then arrest you for trespassing. So you can legally carry concealed and if no one see's the gun, you were breaking no law and were still protected, problem solved.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Thanks guys. I entered down by the food court and was looking for a sign but did not see any. I will continue to conceal carry there.

The thing about no other weapons is kind of funny to me because it reminds me of a memory I have there as a kid. A long time ago there use to be a store in the mall that sold swords and other medieval weapons. One time I was walking around the mall and sitting on bench was this guy wearing Gothic type clothing holding up this huge 5 foot weapon he bought from the store. It looked like something they might have used in the old days to chop of people's heads or something.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Bumping for updated info...

They took down the ginormous billboard at the main entrance, however they replaced it with something MUCH smaller and put it in a less visible place...
    But they STILL kept the same stupid double-negative wording:

"Things NOT permitted: no guns / no illegal weapons."

image_zps91121436.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bumping for updated info...

They took down the ginormous billboard at the main entrance, however they replaced it with something MUCH smaller and put it in a less visible place...
    But they STILL kept the same stupid double-negative wording:

"Things NOT permitted: no guns / no illegal weapons."

image_zps91121436.jpg

SO when questioned, by the mall ninja, tell them you ARE following the rules. The rules clearly state you cant shop here without being armed. I'm not allowed to "have no gun" according to the wording of the sign so here is my gun to make me compliant. :):

Top Bottom