• ...and so much more!
  • DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    06-18-08-page2.jpg

July 23, 2008 - 13:05 ET

GLENN: Now, here's one of the most incredible stories I have read today and I've read a lot of incredible stories. Wait until I get to the John Edwards story.

I've read a lot of incredible stories today. Here's one from the DNC host committee in Denver, tanking up at city gas pumps to avoid paying the $0.40 a gallon in combined Federal and State gas taxes. Let me repeat that. The DNC would like to save money for their convention and so they have decided that they're going to buy it from the State gas pumps. You know where the police officers and State troopers and everybody else, you know, the snow removal trucks, where they gas up. The DNC has struck a deal that they can gas their cars up during the convention and they've already started this, to avoid the $0.40 a gallon gas tax. From the same people who said the gas tax won't make any difference, the gas tax means nothing. I mean, is there economists that have approved this, because this is fantastic. The gas tax doesn't make a difference. Now, I'm sure they'll counter with saying, we're buying so much gas, which makes sense, because now when you think about it, you realize that they did suspend the gas tax for all the trucking companies ‑‑ oops. No, no. They didn't do that. But they did cut it for small business people because small business people are ‑‑ um, no, no, they didn't do that, either. This is the same party that wanted to temporarily suspend the Federal portion of the gas tax, 18.4 cents a gallon for the summer, remember, because it doesn't really add up to very much. That's what they ‑‑ that's what they said when they were against suspending the Federal gas tax, but I think this goes even further. They also say that the republicans are doing it at the GOP convention. Well, do you know what? Two wrongs don't make a right. The GOP at this point says that they're not doing that. They can show you the gas bills where they're, you know, buying it at private pumps. They're not doing that. If they are, they're just as big a scum bags as you are. You've got to be kidding me. They're doing it. She started it! I don't care who started it. I don't care who else is doing it. You're doing it and we'll look into the GOP. If they're doing it, they're just as arrogant as you are.

Now, here's the interesting thing, as well, because, boy, there's just a little ways to go on this one, it's interesting that the DNC has decided to cut the private sector out of it. Instead of pouring money into the economy and helping people who are running gas stations, going and helping people at the ‑‑ you know, because sometimes you go in and you might buy a bottled water at the same time you're filling up at the gas tank because that's the only food you can afford. No, no, no. Instead of doing that, they're giving the money to the State government. They're buying the gas from the State. So, let's cut out any kind of private industry. You've got to be kidding me. But, wait. There's more. They also say ‑‑ this is their excuse this morning ‑‑ we're only doing this ‑‑ I want to quote this. "We're only doing this so we know that the gas is not tainted. We are using this as a safety and security measure." Excuse me? Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are? Nobody knows you. You're standing next to a gas pump. Nobody knows who you are. You're using it as a safety and security measure? What? Operatives are going to go in and put sugar in the tanks where they think you might go buy your gas? Here's an idea. Don't buy your gas at the same gas station. Spread the wealth around. What do you think of that one? What do you mean? You know what they should do? They should just nationalize all of the oil companies. That way they know for sure that the oil coming out of those oil companies is safe for them and then they could just nationalize all of the refineries. That way they know all of the refined oil in the gas would be safe for them. Oh, no. Here's what they could do: They could also nationalize all of the pumps. That way they know that everything pumped into their car would be safe. No. But somebody could steal their credit card. Maybe they should nationalize American Express and Visa. While you're at it, why don't we just nationalize all the banks? I mean, we're almost there, anyway. They're too large to fail. These people are insane and out of control! The arrogance is just ‑‑ I mean, I can't ‑‑ two things. I can't take it anymore and part of the thing I can't take anymore is that these guys continue to do it over and over and over again, insulting and injuring us over and over and over again and, yet, nobody in the media is really going to pay attention to this. This isn't going to be a big deal because half of the country ‑‑ no, I wouldn't say that ‑‑ 20 percent of this country is asleep. They don't care. Whatever! Oh, they're all like that! While the other half just continually is reinjured over and over and over and over again. It's a ticking time bomb, man, when you think that you can go and get away with skipping the Federal and State gas tax because, well, you're a politician, you're a political party, and, yet, you let the people suffer, let them eat cake. Is there no cake? Unbelievable."

You know, I found somebody the other day that somebody brought to my attention. I want to introduce her. Her name is Sarah Steelman. I'm got to go this with republicans and the democrats. I'm going to search these people out. I am so tired of the weasels. I'm so tired of people saying, oh, no, our party is innocent. It's them. No, it's not. It's both of you. So, I want to look for the politicians that are doing the right thing and I don't care what political party they're in. Right now this woman, Sarah Steelman, she is the Missouri State treasurer and she's running for the governor of Missouri, but the ‑‑ and she's running at a Republican, but the RNC ‑‑ no, they don't want her in. The republicans have endorsed the opposition. It's a primary for the governor. It's a Congressman. Now, I don't know anything about the Congressman and I know he's done pork spending and everything else, but what's interesting to me is that the party doesn't endorse her. That's fine. They've got to pick a side but listen and see if approximate you think this might have played a role on why she has not been endorsed by the Republican party. This is the reason why she should be endorsed. One, she's the State treasurer. She has attempted to strip all of the State similarities through their pension through legislation. She says you shouldn't get a lifetime pension for that. You served. Bye bye. Move on. She enacted the sunshine law requiring politicians to be more open in their activities. She has been after the earmarks in the pork spending ‑‑ you've got to love this one. As the State treasurer, she stopped a payment on a $70,000 secret settlement check that the Republican State government cut to settle a sexual harassment suit. She said, you want to settle this thing, fine. But it's the people's money. You can't just brush this one under. It's $70,000. I'm not going to sign any check that you are ‑‑ that is a secret. You tell the people how you're spending their money. She also announced that the State would no longer provide below market interest rates for ethanol plants that had State officials or their relatives among primary investors. Think of that. That's crazy. She's attacked ethanol waste. She wants more drilling. She wants to build a refinery. She says I don't want to build a refinery just anywhere. I want to build it in our own state. Build it in my backyard. We need the energy. I love this woman. Do we have her on the phone? We have her at 9:30?

This is the kind of politician I want, one that will say, here's the facts. We've got to drill. We've got to build more refineries. I'm not covering up for you because, I'm in your party. You don't even me. You don't cover up. I work for the anywhere, not for the RNC. I work for the party, not for the DNC. Somebody ‑‑ why did this story in the DNC in Colorado, why did this story come out not from a Democrat? Is there no Democrat involved that says, this is crazy! Was there nobody involved that said that? Is there anybody that sees hypocrisy here?

To me, I just ‑‑ I just can't imagine what it's going to take for the American people to finally say, "excuse me?" Stu, do you think anybody is going to pay attention to the gas tax in Colorado? Here's my prediction: It's going to be right down partisan lines. They're going to say, oh, well, that's republicans do it, too, without absolutely no fact and if it is, I'll the be the one saying those reps cans are doing it out, let's kick them both out. They'll deflect it and so the argument will be about which party is better instead of, my gosh, this is unethical and hypocritical and wrong. Do you think anybody will have that discussion on television?"

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Glenn Beck: DNC takes a gas holiday

Top Bottom