Global Warming caused Hurricane Sandy...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    If you don't believe that, then you are a evolution denying, Bible beater. Uh huh. ;)

The Neroes of global warming | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

Katrina was a large storm, but the flooding was caused by engineering failures. The tsunami in the Indian ocean was caused by a under water earthquake (are earthquakes caused by global warming I wonder?). So are all of the "extreme weather" events related to global warming supposed to be hurricanes, or do they have some other proof that I'm missing? These people claim science is on their side, but the definition of science is something that can be proven, and they don't have a planet in their labs. I'm not even convinced that C02 even traps heat.

PS,
    THE SKY IS FALLING! Not only that, but it is YOUR FAULT. So stop using electricity, stop driving, stop working, stop making babies, and die already. SAVE THE PLANET DUDE.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    "Katrina was a large storm, but the flooding was caused by engineering failures."

No... The flooding was caused by building a city 8' below sea level right next to the sea....:rolleyes:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The Democrats are using Mitt Romney's opposition to global warming as a weapon, but who is buying it? Who is really blind to science?

- Obama was supposed to have lowered the sea levels. Is that humanly possible? That is the act of a God.
    - At the same time, they say Romney/Bush, caused the hurricanes by not believing in global warming. Again, God like powers are being attributed to men.
    - They have faith in something they cannot see or prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Global warming is more of a religion then isn't it?
    - Christians believe in LIFE, and that we are fulfilling God's plan by living in peace and prosperity to the best of our abilities, and using his Earth to make life better for all humans (i.e. electricity). I can't bear the irony of how much these two views contrast. Perhaps it is no coincidence that those who support global warming are the same who oppose life by praising the right to kill babies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sandy was caused by Warming--Hot air spewed by Obama at millions of CFM causing cyclonic action and the accompanying destruction.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This video shows a great perspective on Climate Change. It is occuring, i'm not yet convinced that it has caused Sandy, but your either undereducated or arrogant to not think twice about how we live.

James Hansen: Why I must speak out about climate change | Video on TED.com

I would also point out that the Global Warming zealots are apparently ignorant of history, particularly the warming trend peaking in the 1300s revolving into a cooling trend bottoming out in the 1800s. We have not yet reached levels of warming which happened some 600-700 years ago. I fail to see the need for panic. This is not to say that I am in favor of trashing the place, but I have little use for the politics of control through fear.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So, were the dozens of big North Atlantic hurricanes of the '30's through the 60's from global warming? Sandy is spectacular because there have relatively few big North Atlantic hurricanes since Agnes in '72. Why has the North Atlantic activity been fairly mild the last 40 years?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Uh huh.

No... The flooding was caused by building a city 8' below sea level right next to the sea....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Personally I would call THAT a engineering failure on a massive scale. :twocents:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    This video shows a great perspective on Climate Change. It is occuring, i'm not yet convinced that it has caused Sandy, but your either undereducated or arrogant to not think twice about how we live.

James Hansen: Why I must speak out about climate change | Video on TED.com

No one is arguing that climate CHANGE is occurring on some level, perhaps not warming though, since last I heard the warming trend ended in '96. That's when the zealot's motto went from pure global warming to extreme weather, saying the colder winters were caused by fluctuations caused by the "extreme" warming/cooling cycle. Maybe so. Proof that man caused it by releasing CO2 simply does not exist, it is a damn theory. I studied the ice age, so I happen to know that the Earth has climate change outside of man made causes, and such a scenario SHOULD be the most likely theory.

How many people do you want to die of starvation and poverty based on this 'sky is falling' prophecy? I guarantee you that the global economic down turn is caused by the global warming proponents, like Obama, slowing the growth of industry (or simply moving jobs to China where they pollute even worse).

dleeharrison

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Global Warming - what a bunch of hooey! The earth goes through natural warming and cooling cycles. Thie notion that we are causing global warming by dumping carbon dioxide and other greenhouses gases in to atmosphere is ludricious. 70% of the earth is covered by water which acts as a sink for CO2. The CO2 is utilized by plankton/algae for photosynthesis which releases oxygen as a product. Same goes for grass, trees plants, etc. More of the EPA and activist scare tactics.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The Democrats are using Mitt Romney's opposition to global warming as a weapon, but who is buying it? Who is really blind to science?

- Obama was supposed to have lowered the sea levels. Is that humanly possible? That is the act of a God.
    - At the same time, they say Romney/Bush, caused the hurricanes by not believing in global warming. Again, God like powers are being attributed to men.
    - They have faith in something they cannot see or prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Global warming is more of a religion then isn't it?
    - Christians believe in LIFE, and that we are fulfilling God's plan by living in peace and prosperity to the best of our abilities, and using his Earth to make life better for all humans (i.e. electricity). I can't bear the irony of how much these two views contrast. Perhaps it is no coincidence that those who support global warming are the same who oppose life by praising the right to kill babies.

This should be moved to the religious thread so we can have a big discussion on how global warming can't exist because Gods plan is for the human plague to destroy itself to make a better life for the human race while he creates giant storms that destroy the lives of millions of...humans... wait a minute? What?

Oh that's right... religion is off limits on INGO

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have no doubt that the earth is warming.

It seems silly to think that the earth would be one temperature all the time.

I'm sure it will also be cooling at some point.

Doesn't everything go through cycles?

Now, are we "causing" this latest warming trend? I'm sure we're contributing, but the extent to which we are is obviously debatable.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Any and every volcano eruption released more CO2 into the atmosphere than all of man combined has ever with all of our planet destroying toys. Humans can't change the globes climate, period.

We can however create more nude beaches, charge a fee, tax those 1% of much better looking for their good fortune, and pay off our debts...just an idea.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    It's not necessary to prove or disprove global warming in order to know that our environment should be treated with respect or else sooner or later, humans will suffer for it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's not necessary to prove or disprove global warming in order to know that our environment should be treated with respect or else sooner or later, humans will suffer for it.

I don't think anybody ever said we shouldn't treat the environment with respect. But the amount of respect being paid is a matter of opinion, isn't it? What many people dont realize is that a very high level of environmental stewardship, the levels the zealots aspire to, is only possible in very wealthy societies. It seems to me the ones pushing for these extreme environmental protections are simultaneously trying to ruin the wealth engine that affords those protections.

Top Bottom