Glock 19 fail to feed when wife shoots......does fine when anyone else shoots...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBigLebowski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Bloomington
    G19 would fail to feed after every shot when my wife would shoot.......the slide wouldn't lock back on her last shot of the mag either. Did not do nor has it ever behaved like this when I shoot it. Has upgraded slide spring in the gun. My neighbor and I watched her to make sure she wasn't dragging the slide but we couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. Has anyone seen anything like this before.

it was her first time shooting the 9mm and it wasn't the positive experience that I hoped it would be for her. All of her previous shooting has been with a ruger mkIII.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Tim, from the Military Arms Channel did a video showing how easy it is to induce a failure by limp wristing a Glock 19. Gen 3 Glock 19s tend to be over sprung and are all too easy to get to fail, as you just found out. What type of ammo were you shooting?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Either limp wristing, or the "upgrade" wasn't actually an upgrade.

Extra power recoil springs make guns MORE prone to limp wrist induced malfunctions.

Good point. I forgot, but I once had a Glock 22 Gen 4 which I replaced the factory guide rod with a aftermarket stainless steel guide rod. The only fail to feed I had with that gun was because of the aftermarket guide rod.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The samething happens when my wife shoots my Glock 17. Has never happened to me, and she shoots my Glock 19 better than I do.
    My first thought is because the Glock 17 is too big for her hands.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The samething happens when my wife shoots my Glock 17. Has never happened to me, and she shoots my Glock 19 better than I do.
    My first thought is because the Glock 17 is too big for her hands.

If it's a Gen3, put in a 15lb recoil spring and watch the problem disappear for her, and the gun shoot flatter for you. ;)

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Why did the recoil spring need "upgrading"? 99% chance she is simply limp wristing the pistol, show here how to grip it like you want to beat someone upside the head with it and the problem will go away. Should also make shooting more enjoyable for her, right now the pistol is flying around which turns most new shooters off.

Top Bottom