• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Hey guys, I am looking for some advice here! (you can skip the paragraph below if you want haha)

I went to my LGS this weekend with the intention of buying a Colt LE6920 M4 w/ FDE Magpul furniture. I have a reputation at this shop for walking in and asking two questions 1) Do you have 9mm ammo? 2) Do you have any blue label Glock 19's in? When I walked in the shop this Saturday the first thing out of the owner's mouth was "I've got your blue label Glock 19 in!" Long story short, bringing home a new M4 AND a new Glock 19 made for a GREAT weekend!! I am very excited because this is my first Glock!

ANYWAYS: NOW, the purpose of this post is this....

I am looking to set my new Glock 19 up! What better place to ask for advice than here?!

What I am asking of my fellow INGOer's is to post your G19 builds. What have you done to your G19? Where did you purchase the items? How much did you pay? etc If you can post pics thatd be awesome! If not, thats fine too!

Thanks!!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That Glock 19 is best the way it is. Just install a good set of night sights, and you're ready to rock.

It's PERFECTION right outta the box.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    put on the medium beaver tail backstrap and a set of night sights and shoot the crap outta it. No real NEED for anything else.

I put a little bit of grip tape on top of the slide for one handed manipulations, and I also stipple the grip, undercut the triggerguard, and cut a indexing groove in the triggerguard. All that is to fit the gun to me and was done after over 1000 rounds through it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Since your in greenwood head down to U.S. Self Defense supply this Sunday and have Charlie do a trigger job on it for you. Well worth the money and it smooths out and lightens the trigger and you get a nice short reset. Crisp! Also I'd recomend the maritime spring cups (YouTube them) (also availible at USDS), then slap a tlr-1s on that baby for some light at night (they have 3 as of Saturday) or a green or red laser (yep those too), and a nice holster from USDS or head to beech grove firearms for a nice selection and good price. You ca also get an extended slide stop and mag release if you want (there too), and if you buy it at USDS Charlie will install them. He's a certified glock armorer. almost forgot they have a good selection of night sights for glocks and extra factory mags.
    thats all I can think of to recomend. You'll have fun and save a lot of money if you go to USDS. It's right at 37 and county line road.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Went hog wild......hey why not?

10-8 sights, front is fiber optic
    Vickers Tactical mag and slide release, also base pads.
    Glockworx Fulcrum trigger pulled from another GLOCK
    Surefire X300 Ultra

It rides in an OTG kydex holster

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Since your in greenwood head down to U.S. Self Defense supply this Sunday and have Charlie do a trigger job on it for you. Well worth the money and it smooths out and lightens the trigger and you get a nice short reset. Crisp! Also I'd recomend the maritime spring cups (YouTube them) (also availible at USDS), then slap a tlr-1s on that baby for some light at night (they have 3 as of Saturday) or a green or red laser (yep those too), and a nice holster from USDS or head to beech grove firearms for a nice selection and good price. You ca also get an extended slide stop and mag release if you want (there too), and if you buy it at USDS Charlie will install them. He's a certified glock armorer. almost forgot they have a good selection of night sights for glocks and extra factory mags.
    thats all I can think of to recomend. You'll have fun and save a lot of money if you go to USDS

Wow I sense a giant commercial for USDS right there! :P ;)

The gen4 trigger out of the box is a whole lot better than the gen3 in my opinion, whole lot smother pull!. Just get some trijicon NS's and MAYBE a 3.5lb connector if you feel the trigger is not good enough out of the box and thats all a glock needs.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Thanks everyone for the replies so far! I plan on Trijicon night sights. Beyond that I would like a light to mount on the rail, along with a green laser. I have seen some light / laser combos but not sure how the quality is on those set ups! Keep the suggestions coming!

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The 1st upgrade I made to my 23 Gen4 was a set of XS Big Dot tritium sights for about $60 on Amazon. IMO, the best sights out there. The 2nd "must have" in my opinion was a Crimson Trace laser grip also from Amazon, but cost about $200. It also wears a Streamlight TLR1 from Amazon for $100 when in the GunVault GV2000 bedside safe (Amazon also, but received as a gift, but I think they are $150). Make sure you put aside enough to buy lots of ammo to train with. All the doodads are worthless without training.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I didn't know there was more than one blue label dealer in Indy. The only one I know of doesn't sell ARs that I'm aware of.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Watch a bunch of YouTube videos and do a 25 cent trigger job, Glock 3.5 lb connector, Glock extended slide release, and shoot it until you want to quit, that will tell you about any other modifications you may or may not want. What works for one person may not work for you.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Buy a good holster and a gun belt if you don't have one, and stock up on a bunch of mags and ammo. Take it to the range and shoot it until you determine what you may need. No need to spend money on anything until you find something lacking.

That said, on the Gen 3's I have recently taken to replacing the OEM mag release with the Vickers Tactical mag release, but I'm not sure if you will need that on the Gen 4.

As others have said, a good set of night sights will be a good investment.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Get a set of warren tactical sights and a G-Code INCO holster and you will be set. I love mine and have gotten really proficient with it over the past few months.

Top Bottom