• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Never heard of any gen 3 doing this... until they started using gen 4 parts on them. Dont fix what aint broke... been saying that forever.

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Never heard of any gen 3 doing this... until they started using gen 4 parts on them. Dont fix what aint broke... been saying that forever.

I have a new purchase G19 and G34 that are doing this. My G34 is a SUX prefix.

It didn't come with any gen 4 parts in it either. I did buy 30274 ejectors and have swapped them in place of the 336s that came installed in hopes that the ejection becomes more consistent and the guns more reliable. I have yet to shoot them.

I know it isn't me. I own or have owned numerous Glocks in the past and this is my 4th G19. The recent ones are the only ones that have given me problems. I was shooting my older G26 right next to the new G19 and G34 on the day at the range feeding it the same ammo without any of the issues exhibited by the newer Glocks.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a new purchase G19 and G34 that are doing this. My G34 is a SUX prefix.

It didn't come with any gen 4 parts in it either. I did buy 30274 ejectors and have swapped them in place of the 336s that came installed in hopes that the ejection becomes more consistent and the guns more reliable. I have yet to shoot them.

I know it isn't me. I own or have owned numerous Glocks in the past and this is my 4th G19. The recent ones are the only ones that have given me problems. I was shooting my older G26 right next to the new G19 and G34 on the day at the range feeding it the same ammo without any of the issues exhibited by the newer Glocks.

My brother has the same issue with a newer Gen 3 19. He has another 19 and a 26 that do not have the issue. He indicates that when he moves the slide from the problematic 19 over to the older 19 frame that the issue persists (basically it follows the newer slide/top end).

I think he swapped extractors as well between the 19s, but can't remember his results with that particular test.

The issue is definitely with the newer Gen 3 19 he purchased and not the shooter, and these issues are definitely keeping me from purchasing a newer 19. I currently have an older model 30 (circa 1998), and a Gen 3 27 and Gen 3 23 that don't have such issues. From what I hear the issues at least with Gen 3's seem to be specifically with the 9mm's.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    so is it just the 9mm that this is happening to? I just got a new glock 22 (VERY new considering the tool markings on the barrel and the color of the extractor are very different from my 19/27) and havent had any issues aside from putting my 9mm conversion barrel in (which I expect considering the ejector/extractor is made for .40s)

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN

If the new ejector doesn't solve then...

I'm wondering if you took the relevant internals from your older 26 and put them in your new 19 if things would still be sour - if so, that, to me, would be really solid evidence that it's actually the slides being out of tolerance, vs any one or combination of internals, since the internals for both are identical (trigger housing, connector, extractor, ejector, plunger, bearing, yada yada yada).

So, known "good" internals moved into the new 19, still fails, then all you're left with is the slide itself or the RSA.

Based on anecdotal reports of 1 of 2 different outcomes once returned to Glock, the techs there seem to be divided into one of 2 camps - either they make some miraculous change and then everything actually is good, OR, they don't perceive markedly weaker ejection to be a problem so long as the casing fully exits and the next round goes into battery repeatedly.

WebSnyper, I'd be curious to hear if your friend fully swapped ALL the internals between the 2 guns (keeping each slide with its matching frame 1st, then switching frames as well). Sounds like he only did the extractors with the slides? THO, that would indicate that the ejector isn't problematic if the older slide worked well on the newer frame (assuming he left the trigger groups in place for the swap).

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    If the new ejector doesn't solve then...

I'm wondering if you took the relevant internals from your older 26 and put them in your new 19 if things would still be sour - if so, that, to me, would be really solid evidence that it's actually the slides being out of tolerance, vs any one or combination of internals, since the internals for both are identical (trigger housing, connector, extractor, ejector, plunger, bearing, yada yada yada).

So, known "good" internals moved into the new 19, still fails, then all you're left with is the slide itself or the RSA.

Based on anecdotal reports of 1 of 2 different outcomes once returned to Glock, the techs there seem to be divided into one of 2 camps - either they make some miraculous change and then everything actually is good, OR, they don't perceive markedly weaker ejection to be a problem so long as the casing fully exits and the next round goes into battery repeatedly.

WebSnyper, I'd be curious to hear if your friend fully swapped ALL the internals between the 2 guns (keeping each slide with its matching frame 1st, then switching frames as well). Sounds like he only did the extractors with the slides? THO, that would indicate that the ejector isn't problematic if the older slide worked well on the newer frame (assuming he left the trigger groups in place for the swap).

That'll be the next step. I hope the new ejector will fix it because that is only a $10 part. I'll probably pony up for the APEX parts when they become available. Even though I shouldn't have to...

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The two glocks I have currently start with RLL and SFG... can anyone tell me anything about these? I havent had any problems... but I'm guessing there are certain serials that have a story to tell...

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    The two glocks I have currently start with RLL and SFG... can anyone tell me anything about these? I havent had any problems... but I'm guessing there are certain serials that have a story to tell...

If you haven't had problems, I wouldn't worry about it just because some dude on the internet didn't like the way his brass ejected. :D

All mine were 3rd gen 9mm guns. If yours aren't, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. :yesway:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I'm not losing any sleep over it, dont you worry haha. As I said mine havent had a single issue (and they are both .40)... just wondering if a certain span of numbers means you have a certain part that COULD cause issues.

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I'm not losing any sleep over it, dont you worry haha. As I said mine havent had a single issue (and they are both .40)... just wondering if a certain span of numbers means you have a certain part that COULD cause issues.

None of the .40 models have had this issue (except Gen4's, prior to the RSA recall, and the new RSA's solved the issues 99% of the time, from what I've read).

The Internetz are all ablaze with notions of recently made Gen3 19's having weak ejections, stovepipes, and brass to the face - and somewhere it was said that serials starting with P thru S were bad...

My 19 (SPAxxx) was "born" on 2/1/2012 and has the weak ejection / brass-to-the-face issue - never, ever a stovepipe or failure-to-feed/fire, but the ejection is all over the map and pretty weak.

Soooo... yeah... I already ordered a replacement extractor and 30274 ejector (part of the Gen4 9mm trigger housing) and will see if that helps - otherwise, I'm sending it in (already got a label from Glock) and will wait, all pissed off, while they figure out if they can/will fix it.

Gen4 19's with pre-Recall RSA's are sometimes still problematic, but that issue seems different from the recently manufactured Gen3's that some of us bought to avoid the Gen4 problems... Look how well that worked out. :xmad:

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    I picked up a G3 19 a few weeks back, and I've only put about 6 mags through it, but unfortunately, it seems to eject erratically. Some go to the right where they should, some go directly over my head and behind me, and I've even had a couple end up in front of me. It may be time to give Glock a call.

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I picked up a G3 19 a few weeks back, and I've only put about 6 mags through it, but unfortunately, it seems to eject erratically. Some go to the right where they should, some go directly over my head and behind me, and I've even had a couple end up in front of me. It may be time to give Glock a call.

Maybe. That feeling sucks, doesn't it. :xmad:

The good news is that if you want to try a new ejector, it is only a $10 part and you're not out the time it takes to send your gun to Glock and maybe have the tech there decide it is within spec. :rolleyes:

If you aren't comfortable replacing the ejector, we can walk you through it. It is about a 3 on a scale of 1-10 in the way of difficulty. IOW, if you aren't Paris Hilton, you should be able to manage it.

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    ... The good news is that if you want to try a new ejector, it is only a $10 part and you're not out the time it takes to send your gun to Glock ...

That depends - the newest Gen4 Trigger Housing for 9mm - part # 30275, which has ejector 30274 - is hard to find in stock.

I got mine from Midway (here) but it went back out of stock just as quickly as it came in... mine's in the mail, and I'll be reporting back if it solves my problems.

GlockParts is backordered on it as well.

If you source it from LWD, or any of the others, confirm that it's the one with the 30274 ejector, otherwise, you might get the 336 one - which may not solve the problem.

If you do need/choose to send it to Georgia, make sure you get Glock to send you a label... if you have to wait for that process, at least try to make it free ...

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    That depends - the newest Gen4 Trigger Housing for 9mm - part # 30275, which has ejector 30274 - is hard to find in stock.

I got mine from Midway (here) but it went back out of stock just as quickly as it came in... mine's in the mail, and I'll be reporting back if it solves my problems.

GlockParts is backordered on it as well.

If you source it from LWD, or any of the others, confirm that it's the one with the 30274 ejector, otherwise, you might get the 336 one - which may not solve the problem.

If you do need/choose to send it to Georgia, make sure you get Glock to send you a label... if you have to wait for that process, at least try to make it free ...

I ordered mine from LWD. They have been shipping the 30274 equipped Gen 4 9mm trigger housings for a while now. There's a big thread on GT regarding who you can get one from.

For those of you who read this and are a little confused. What we are doing is buying the Gen 4 9mm trigger housing that is equipped with the new ejector (30274)and removing it from the new housing (because the new housing won't fit the old frames) and replacing the existing ejector (336). It really isn't as difficult as it might sound.

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up. I need to take a look at my ejector and see which I have. I also probably need to put a few more rounds through it. For $10 it's worth a try.

Top Bottom