Glock 19 Idea I was thinking of doing...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    SF means slim frame, not short frame. The G19 Gen 4 has a slimmer frame than the Gen 3 if you leave the back straps off.
    Why short change the G19's 15 round capacity? It's an easy gun to conceal. Just get a G26

Is it not a shortened frame as well? I already have a Glock 19 and a Glock 43 and a Glock 17. A Glock 26 is PROBABLY next on the list, but I thought having a "one of a kind" Glock would be fun as heck to have. I like the shortened grip of the 26/43, but I like the longer slide and weight of the the 19. Why not have the best of both worlds? If you came in just to voice your opinion that it's not your cup of tea, great. Go buy your cup of tea and let me have mine.

The initials 'SF' in reference to Glock pistols does stand for 'Short Frame'...it's 'shorter' from front grip to rear back-strap...not in width (side-to-side) as the magazine width has not changed. The only 'slim' Glock is the Glock 36 .45 acp...and the single-stack magazines are unique to that pistol only.

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    I had robar chop the grip of my gen 3 glock 19 to the size of a glock 26 a few years ago. I really like the combo of the compactness of the grip and the longer sight radius of the glock 19. Also had them remove the finger grooves and retexture the grip. Robar also matches the new grip texture on a 15 round mag so you can still carry a full six mag without a grip interruption but have the ability to carry shorter g26 mags when wanted.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've got a 17 chopped to 19 from GBUCK here on INGO. I ended up not caring for it, mainly the Big Dot sights, but my step-son loves it so he's got a nice weapon. :):

Bob

Top Bottom