• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Hi All. I went shooting today with a buddy of mine and took all my 9's. All functioned flawlessly except my Glock 19. EVERY shot the slide would lock back as if the mag was empty. I broke it down and the slide release lever is "flopping". I do not remember how this was before. Is there a spring involved with slide release that should be there or am I missing some other cause? Any guidance would be appreciated!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sounds like an issue with your slide lock lever. Normally its actuated by the follower in your magazine after all the rounds have cycled. It shouldn't be floating around.

I'd take it over to 21st Century Firearms or a local Glock armorer and have them look at it.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I'm just down the road in Decatur. If you can't find anyone else, bring it my way and I'll look at it. I also have another lever if you need it.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like your frame was disassembled to clean and the pins were not reinstalled in the proper order. This will cause the slide stop to not engage the correct way.

Just find yourself a Glock Armorer to fix this for you .. A ten minute fix and you will be good to go.

TK

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Slide stop lever is not properly installed.. An armorer can fix it in 30 seconds. Wish you were closer, I would be happy to fix it for you.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    Is there a spring involved with slide release that should be there or am I missing some other cause?

The spring should be attached to the slide lock as pictured. It keeps the slide lock lever down until the mag presses the lever up when it is empty of rounds. If it is lost/missing you will need to purchase another as it is clamped to the part. If it is still attached then it is probably bent out of form or not installed correctly into the frame. The good news is that its a fairly cheap part to replace.

glockslidestoplever.JPG

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    OP, have you taken it apart lately?

If so, strip it back down and put the top pin (locking block pin) in first.

The slide the slide release back in to the groove and make sure the spring (pictured above) is riding below that top pin. Now put in the trigger pin.

I had this happen once and went to shoot a Friday Night Steel, only to have a single shot Glock.

Shooter521 fixed me up in under a minute.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    You guys rock! I used to depend on a local gun dealer, Glock Armorer way too much. I had a falling out with him. THAT and your posts confirmed for me that I needed to fix it myself. I have a Glock Spyderco Knife with the Glock punch on it. I watched a Glock vid on YouTube, went to my gunbench and fixed it!:rockwoot: You guys were dead right. The spring wire on the slide stop lever had slipped out from under the bar that retains it and keeps tension on it. It works like a charm now. Thanks all.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You guys rock! I used to depend on a local gun dealer, Glock Armorer way too much. I had a falling out with him. THAT and your posts confirmed for me that I needed to fix it myself. I have a Glock Spyderco Knife with the Glock punch on it. I watched a Glock vid on YouTube, went to my gunbench and fixed it!:rockwoot: You guys were dead right. The spring wire on the slide stop lever had slipped out from under the bar that retains it and keeps tension on it. It works like a charm now. Thanks all.

Glock on!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Bought a glock 19 with the same issue off arms list the guy was trying to pull a fast one i noticed the slide lock was flopping ( what happened was he installed the extended slide release improperly messed up the spring but still had the original) well i was able to pick up a beautiful glock 19 with 6 15rd mags and 2 glock 32rd mags for $300 bucks cant beat that and it only took me 10min to fix by installing the stock one back in it.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Bought a glock 19 with the same issue off arms list the guy was trying to pull a fast one i noticed the slide lock was flopping ( what happened was he installed the extended slide release improperly messed up the spring but still had the original) well i was able to pick up a beautiful glock 19 with 6 15rd mags and 2 glock 32rd mags for $300 bucks cant beat that and it only took me 10min to fix by installing the stock one back in it.
    Nice!:yesway:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Willphill12
    Top Bottom