• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tiretrack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    our side o the wire
    I just broke the rear sight on my glock 19 :(. I have never shot anything but factory 3 dot .So now i'm looking for new sights:): ,probably tritium. I thought i might ask the collective ingo wisdom to assist me in purchasing wisely.Any suggestions?

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I have Ameriglo IDOT Pro's on my Glock 19 and have been pretty happy with them:

AMGGL-203O_1.jpg

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Indiana Self Defense has a Glock armorer on staff
    317-534-0571 Dont think they open till noon

Last edited:

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Heard lots of good about the XS Big Dots. Just ordered a set for my 19. Assuming that it is for your carry gun then the Big Dots should work for you. They are meant for fighting and that's what a carry gun is meant for, too.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I run Trijicon GL01 3 dot night sights on my glock 19, $77 on Amazon and they work fantastic!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Hiene straight eights for all of my automatics. Duty gun included. Big dots as well as the small big dots are ok but don't waste your money if you like accuracy. I am talking scored qualification type shooting.

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    I picked up some TruGlo TFO's and I really like them. They are easy to see when it is dark and very easy to see in daylight.

One negative is that it is very difficult to rack the slide using one hand with them. The rear sights don't have a "catch" that can be used to rake it against a belt or holster like some of the other sights.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    I picked up some TruGlo TFO's and I really like them. They are easy to see when it is dark and very easy to see in daylight.

One negative is that it is very difficult to rack the slide using one hand with them. The rear sights don't have a "catch" that can be used to rake it against a belt or holster like some of the other sights.

I also run TFOs on my G19. I learned to kneel and to rack off of the heel of my shoe/boot doing 1-hand manipulations so I haven't had a problem with the TFOs in that regard but I could see how that would be an issue off the belt or holster.

The more I see and read about them, I'm getting quite intrigued with the XS Big Dots.

JustinCase

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have Truglo TFO's and really like them. I got the yellow rear / green front and the contrast makes a really good sight picture. Very easy to see and lines up quickly.

Top Bottom