• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • After the 19, which 9mm Glock would you get next?

• Total voters

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    You don't need anything else. If you want anything else then get a 43 or a 42. If the 19 satisfies your handgun needs and you still want to buy a gun, then buy a rifle.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If I already had the 19 and wanted another Glock 9mm, I'd get the 34. I don't like fat "pinky dangling" guns, unless they are pocket guns, so the 26 is out. The 19 is easier to conceal carry than the 17, with the ability to do just about anything the 17 will do. So I'd go for the long slide 34 as a home defense gun.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've recently gone to the 19 and have been thinking about another Glock.
    What I'm running into is this.... I've got a 19 and it does everything I want a handgun to do. I'm good to go with what I have now.
    I'm doing rifles to satisfy my gun fix.
    I did get the Trijicon night sights, Glock 3 1/2lb trigger, had the trigger guard relieved so I get an excellent and full grip, and bought a few extra mags, Raven holster, and a load of ammo.
    I hate the 19. I go to the gun store and can't look at grips or anything cool looking or function improving. It's just good as it is.
    IF you figure out what's next just let me know. I'm patient.

indyff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Depending on what you are planning to do with it I would go with the 43 if you want a gun that you can carry while in gym clothes. But if you just want a fun gun then you should defiantly get the 34.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have both a G19 and a G26. G26 is easier to carry, but the G19 is about the best of both worlds. Get the G26 and a couple G17 mags.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Of the 2 guns you listed in the poll, I voted for the 26, just for ease of concealment in the warmer months. The 17 makes a great HD, range, and competition gun, but is harder to conceal.
    Of the 9mm Glocks I have a 34, 26, and a 17. I carry a .40 caliber Glocks mostly, but am thinking of adding a 19 and a 43 to the family armory.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Trading my Shield (plus some goodies) out today for a G26 gen 4. I carry my 19 more often than the Shield anyway, so the thickness isn't a real issue hiding with my body build, and I prefer capacity. Might as well have gear, magazine, and training compatibility across the two pistols. Still, I wouldn't mind picking up a G17 down the way, mainly just 'cause. But for now at least, my M&P 9mm FS is filling the roll of OWB only full-size carry. I'd have a hard time parting ways with that one anyway.

Top Bottom