• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I recently purchased a Gen 2 Glock 21 that is nearly 20 years old. The Glock looks great and appears to have been shot very little. I know of one upgrade since the Glock was manufactured - the trigger bar reads 4256 and the suggested upgrade is 4256-1. The 4256 trigger bars were replaced by the 4256-1 due to light primer strikes. However, this Glock shoots fine and I see no need to replace the trigger and trigger bar. On the other hand, the part is only $13. Besides the trigger and trigger bar, anything I should think about replacing, even though it shoots great?

Attachments

• pix511816854.jpg
      pix511816854.jpg
      56.2 KB · Views: 15
    Last edited:

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    The only upgrades I can think of are a good set of night sights, if you like night sights that is. I recommend Trijicon. Other then that I say buy more mags and ammo.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congratulations on a fantastic find! The only thing I would replace would be the ammo I'd be shooting out of that! I'm not big on night sights but I do agree that an eventual upgrade to a better style is probably the next thing beyond magazines, holster and ammo. I'm partial to either all back front/back or a black back and fiber optic front. As far as the trigger bar, I'd add one to the next online order you place at Midway USA or wherever but if it is working fine I wouldn't be in a hurry to fix it.

thanks for the pics! Great looking piece

Top Bottom