• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Hey I am thinking about getting a Glock 21 any thoughts? I love the Glock 20 10mm but I want something more common for self defense. Most of the LEO's in my area carry a .45 so that is what I want to carry.

I used to carry the .40 SigCrap lol and I want to get rid of this pistol lol. The Sigpro is not balanced and the rear sight is not worth spit. I also do not like the sharp recoil of the .40 but prefer the recoil of the 10mm and .45.

Last edited:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Glock = Good

I like my Glock 21, one of the most accurate .45 acp pistols I own. I have small hands and was warned that the grip may feel "too big". I don't agree, guess it just depends upon what you are use to holding in your hand.
    Go for it.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Good pistol just stay away from the SF with the ambi release. I have to have my frame switched out for a standard one after all the issues I had with the ambi release.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I used to have a 21, great gun. Only had one issue with a broken frame rail, but Glock replaced the frame for me. It should be noted that even with a broken frame rail, it kept firing. I didn't even realize the thing that hit me in the forehead was the rail and kept shooting for another 50 rounds or so.

I've got a 20 now, but another 21 is probably in my future.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I like my Glock 21, one of the most accurate .45 acp pistols I own. I have small hands and was warned that the grip may feel "too big". I don't agree, guess it just depends upon what you are use to holding in your hand.
    Go for it.

It's big compared to some, but totally agree on just being used to it. My fiancé never thought it was that big. :D (she's all of 5'5", btw)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    G21's are nice. So's the G30. It's closer in size to the G19 (although a tad wider) and you can carry G21 mags as reloads. Try the std and SF models and see what fits you better. I like the SF without the ambi mag release.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've been looking at buying a 21 somewhere in the near future myself. A nearby shop has a 21c with only a few rounds through it for $549. A guy bought it, only shot a few rounds out of it, decided he didn't like it so he traded it in. Still has the copper lube from the factory on she slide and rails.

Top Bottom