• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Not a problem, I thought you meant the 22 had more recoil than the 23, not the 4th gen vs 3rd gen. Color us both confused hahaha.

On a personal experience note (this is to everyone), I'm sure they changed the 9mm recoil springs by now, but I would be hesitant to get a 4th gen 9mm unless you are SURE they went back to the 3rd gen springs. (this does not apply for any other caliber)

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Which brings up an excellent point and lesson I learned. With glocks, you can always buy bigger mags, you cant (quickly) make your gun small (or larger for that matter). If you like the feel of the 23 but want a higher capacity you can always go that route.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I carried a G22 for several years as a duty weapon. I think I have fairly small hands, but I haven't had any problem with any Glock I've shot from the G21 to the G23 to the G26 and the G27. Haven't shot any single-stack Glocks, but the G27 is small enough to fit my CC needs.

huskymt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Nevada
    Love my G23. I bought a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for the range w/ a few G19 mags. The G23 is perfect for my hands.

So just how dependable is the 9mm conversion barrel in your G23? Would you trust it as well as a normal G19? I would like to put the 9mm conversion barrel in my G23 and use it as one of my carry guns, but was not sure if it is as reliable as if I was using a G19.

Any feedback on this is appreciated.....
    Thanks,

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    So just how dependable is the 9mm conversion barrel in your G23? Would you trust it as well as a normal G19? I would like to put the 9mm conversion barrel in my G23 and use it as one of my carry guns, but was not sure if it is as reliable as if I was using a G19.

Any feedback on this is appreciated.....
    Thanks,
    This question comes up alot. It really depends on the gun. Some people report 100% reliability with just a 9mm conversion barrel and a 9mm magazine. Others report extraction and ejection issues if they don't switch to a 9mm extractor and ejector. I would say get the barrel and mags and if you have issues get a 9mm extractor and ejector.

Eventually my plan is to have a G22,35,24,two 23s, and a 27 all with 9mm (and maybe 357 sig) conversion barrels. I plan to start with just barrels and magazines and take it form there.

45lcrevolver

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I love my g22. It works for me even though I also have smaller hands. Your other choice would be the g27. I fits my smaller hands extremely nice but I like the longer sight distance of the g22 for accuracy.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I love the Glock 22 and have owned a couple before bumping up to .45 ACP. (Glock 21SF and Glock 30SF.) I do like the G23 for the ability to conceal compared to the full sized G22. All in personal preference and what applications you are wanting it for, ie. sport shooting, personal defense, etc.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I love the Glock 22 and have owned a couple before bumping up to .45 ACP. (Glock 21SF and Glock 30SF.) I do like the G23 for the ability to conceal compared to the full sized G22. All in personal preference and what applications you are wanting it for, ie. sport shooting, personal defense, etc.

This is why I chopped mine. The barrel is that part that is down your pants, so it doesn't matter how long that part is (unless you wear low rise jeans and appendix carry), so the length of the grip is the only "downside" of trying to conceal a G22. Chop it to the length of a G23 and you have the best of both worlds! :) I have to admit though, I just want to see more people with chopped Glocks.

I eventually plan on having 2 G23s so that I can chop one to the G27 size grip and have one regular frame so I can swap back and forth :)

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Traded my 22 for a 23 with a fellow ingoer. Very happy with the trade after going to the range. Love the 23

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Bought a G-23 gen3 Monday with Night Sights, it will arrive tomorrow, I had a G19 Gen 3 I bought new and loved it...

Been seeing Gen3, G-27's and G-26, G-22's & G-23's on Glock Talk anywhere form $325 shipped to $375 shipped, I plan on picking them up every so often and putting them througout the house for quick access, and to increase the collection of course:D

As far as getting a 22 or 23, I would say if you carry it, G-23, otherwise it could go either way:yesway:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I personally prefer the full size grip. I would say 22 all the way. I cc my G34 but I am not a petite individual. hold them both. try to shoot them both. Get them both?

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    the original post i made was about trading my g22 that i already owned for a g23. I did the trade with another ingoer and have to say I love the 23!

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I personally like my Glock 22 with the full size grip better, but i also have big hands. What feels the best is different for every person, if the g23 is what feels better for you then thats what you should get.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    glock 23 is more useful if you want to conceal but there is a slight difference in recoil and accuracy but negligible ...i have had a gen 2 g22 and gen 3 g23...i liked them both but prefer the 9mm because it is cheaper....the diff between 40 adn 9mm+p is small enough for me to comfortable with 9mm....with the 23 and 22 you can shoot 9mm with a barrel and mag change

Hk91_son

Plinker
    Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Richmond
    22 vs. 23

Same same, between the two the accuracy is really about the same in my opinion, recoil also about the same, really depends on if it is a carry gun the 23 is a bit easier to hide. With the glock pistols I recommend everyone I talk to, to get "Talon" grips for them it is like day and night amazing contact and control but only the textured the rubber is not as good.

Top Bottom