• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I got my Glock 23 Gen 4 about a month ago and I have just over 500 rounds through it. I'm pretty accurate but still getting used to it. I'm not sure the new recoil system make much of a difference, this is still a snappy little 40.

I shot about 350 rounds of WWB 180gr fmj through it first. I had one failure to feed about 150 rounds in. It was the final round of the mag and the previous shell ejected and the final shell jammed vertically and left the slide open about a half inch and the trigger didn't reset. I also had a problem where about 1 out of every 30 rounds of the WWB the shell casing hits me right in the forehead and kind of hurts. It makes it hard to get relaxed with the gun.

Then I shot about 150 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass 180gr fmj. It shot well with no malfunctions and it also doesn't eject into my face. Although the spent casings from the CCI have a large indentation from the being extracted and a lot were even kind of smashed looking.

The 500 total rounds were shot in increments of 50 to 75 rounds and the gun was cleaned between each range trip.

I have not messed around too much with the different back straps but they are easy to change in and out. I like it fine with no additional thickness.

Overall I am a fan of the gun and find it accurate, reliable, and easy to shoot. It fits like a glove and I'm sure it will grow on me even more as I shoot it more.

I paid $555 total after tax and would do it again.

Top Bottom