• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you want a pretty gun and he wants a workhorse, go for it. It sounds mutually beneficial. ;)

Seriously though, dont take my word for it as Im not a 1911 expert... Yeah, haters gonna hate. LOL

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've had a ACII. It was a sweet shooter, BUT they have been known to have issues with feeding with non-wilson mags. I recently traded it towards a glock 26. Was given 400 in trade for the ACII hard chrome model.

I would NOT trade even for one.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    In full disclosure it is for my gun with 3 mags for his gun with 1 act mag and 3 Wilson mags. Just not sure if I'm comfortable with the trade not knowing how the metro is as far as a shooter

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    In full disclosure it is for my gun with 3 mags for his gun with 1 act mag and 3 Wilson mags. Just not sure if I'm comfortable with the trade not knowing how the metro is as far as a shooter

When in doubt, don't.

All Glock vs 1911 vs (fill in the blank) horse **** aside, you know exactly how well that G23 functions. The Metro sounds like a bit of a wild card.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have worked on a couple of Metros that had some feeding issues but polishing the feed ramp solved the problem.. I guess it comes down to if you want a 1911 or not.. If the 23 is your EDC and you want to replace it with the Metro I would think twice about it since it is, as posted earlier, a "wild card".

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm not sure I'd make that trade, but then I have had some bad luck with lower end 1911s in the distant past, and that turned me off on them. Some 1911's run, some don't. Is it someone you know that wants to trade? Are they willing to meet you somewhere you can shoot it? Are you intending to carry it, and want to be able to feed it JHP, or will this be a range toy you can put some time/work into if needed?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Keep the G23. It's pretty much the ultimate carry gun IMHO. Great caliber, size, capacity, reliability, price, ease of use & cleaning, and it's a Glock.
    IF you want the other gun, just buy it. Sound's like it's not very expensive.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have an American Classic II. It's great for a cheaper 1911... I wouldn't trade any of my glocks for it though. If you want one, find someone selling it used and save up for it.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I am not sure I would trade any Glock, for anything else.
    A friend of mine, does have a Metro Arms and it is one of the most reliable, accurate pistols I have shot.

Top Bottom