• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have a real interest in picking up my first Glock and I am partial to the 23c after handling my brother-in-laws. Anyone else have one? What do you think? What is a good price on a new one? A used one?

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I have a real interest in picking up my first Glock and I am partial to the 23c after handling my brother-in-laws. Anyone else have one? What do you think? What is a good price on a new one? A used one?

I have a Gen 3 that I purchased in January of 2006. I have around 3,000 rounds through it without issue. Only thing to be aware of you will have to clean your front sight post every few dozen rounds. Other than that I love it. Couldn't tell you what the going prices are right now.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have been looking for the last 3 months and it seems that the only 23c's for sale are the mysterious gold plated ones like you see in the classifieds here. "Only 2500 rounds thru, only one magazine and front sight falling off. I will let it go for $650 plus you pay me $75 to ship it to you after I put another 500 rounds through it." I am distressed at the options to say the least.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I carried one for years as my duty weapon. LOVED it. It shot softer than a 9mm. I would carry one again in a heart beat if I was able to. I am required to carry my G22 on duty so no need for the G23c anymore...sold it to a good adopted home ;)

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I carried one for years as my duty weapon. LOVED it. It shot softer than a 9mm. I would carry one again in a heart beat if I was able to. I am required to carry my G22 on duty so no need for the G23c anymore...sold it to a good adopted home ;)

The "softer than a 9mm" part is what appeals to me. I have no trouble with the .40 recoil but my wife refuses to shoot it. I was hoping for a softer recoiling .40 so I could consolidate calibers some. I enjoy shooting 9mm but buying ammo for 9mm, .357, .40 and 45 ACP is starting to become a chore. I would rather sell off 9mm ammo and my wifes 2 pistols and buy reloading supplies for .357, .40 and 45 ACP.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I notice you are in huntington. I was in freedom firearms in fort Wayne the other day and they had a new gen3 g23c on the shelf. Thought I'd pass that along in case you were still looking for one.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I don't either, I've never owned/priced the c models. What is an extra 20$ when you can get what you want.

Ammo, 180 days of medications from Wal Mart Pharmacy, (2) fifths of vodka, enough gas to get to work for the week, lunch money for my daughter for a week, hearing protection, 5 days shooting at Roush.....take your pick.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Hard to me to believe one shoots "softer than a 9mm" but I have a 17C and 19C and I do notice the difference in recoil VS a 9 without comp. I'm told that the Comp pistols are only 5% of Glocks produced.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Hard to me to believe one shoots "softer than a 9mm" but I have a 17C and 19C and I do notice the difference in recoil VS a 9 without comp. I'm told that the Comp pistols are only 5% of Glocks produced.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

It was a big enough of a difference to my brother -in-laws wife that she actually enjoys shooting it now. I will take this as a endorsement that I can trust. Thanks for your response, its obvious I need to learn much more about these pistols though.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'm far from and expert but, like you, I know what I like and really enjoy shooting mine. The 17C feels just a little north of a 22 to me. I"m sure there's more recoil than that but it's very easy to manage even for a new shooter. Maybe I should try a 40 that compensated, maybe it would change my opinion of a 40 :) Enjoy
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have a 21c and a 30 and I can't tell the difference in recoil. I'm don't know if I could with the small framed ones, since I've never shot a small frame Glock with a the C option.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The first handgun I bought was a Glock 23c. It was also the first handgun I sold.

I didnt care for it. I opted instead for a G19 EXO and never looked back.

depending on ammo I used it would blow unburned and sometimes burning powder onto my hands and into my face, the front sight got real dirty real quick, shooting in low light pretty much destroyed my night vision and the difference in recoil wasnt enough for me to overlook all those down sides.

Just my :twocents: YMMV

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My cuz has one.
    Pop cans dancin' at 50 yards, with ease. Just reg ol' WW WB stuff.
    Heck I dunno what gen it was.
    One day at the range with that and I saw why they sold so many of the ugly things.

Top Bottom