• What should I do with my $?

• Total voters

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I am hopefully selling my STI Spartan on Sunday and I am trying to decide what to do with the money. If anyone has read my posts recently they will know that the two guns I wanted to get in 2012 were a DB9 and a G24, I have the DB9 already, and I could get the G24 if I can scrounge up about $100 (not quite sure how I will do that yet).
    OR (and this is where I am having issues) I could use the money to finish/work on other builds. I could get the ultimak rails for my AK SBR, I could put more money into my AR (charging handle, DD rear sight, an optic maybe), I could fix up my shotgun, or get some parts for my WANTED Matchmaster clone.

When I asked this kind of question on here before I got some thought provoking responses, so I figured why not ask again and see what INGO says*.

*Disclaimer I realize that it is my money and I will do with it what I want, but I respect a lot of guys (and gals) on here and were wondering what the opinions were.

This may belong in general... not sure... it is about two handguns? IDK, if it needs to be moved I am sorry.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Those are the main things I am working on right now.
    There are only two guns I own that I would consider "Done," one is an over under that was a wedding gift from my father in law (it is done because nothing will ever be done to it), and the other is my Glock 22 (and I don't know if I should call it done because I want a 9mm conversion barrel for it).

I want a BCM charging handle, DD rear sight, CTR stock, redimag, rail covers, and an optic for my AR.
    Rails for my AK, along with a krebs safety and a FSC47 comp.
    New stock and light settup for my Mossy 500
    Comp magwell and engraving for the matchmaster
    The list could go on (plate carrier, more mags, etc)

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    i would fear the 70 year old man with a worn out 22 in his pocket more than the 30 year old guy who just rolled into town with 20 different guns. moral of the story is, finish your builds, and optimize your efficiency with what you have.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Hunt down one of these

b6989698.jpg

4c2443d0.jpg

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    I would finish optimizing the rifles for use. Do you already have a mid/high capacity pistol of service size? if not, then i would opt for a Glock, I would go with the 34/35 size over the 24/17L size.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Why a g24 and not a g35?

I would finish optimizing the rifles for use. Do you already have a mid/high capacity pistol of service size? if not, then i would opt for a Glock, I would go with the 34/35 size over the 24/17L size.

I have a Glock 22 with a chopped frame, and I also have a G35, I want the 24 to finish off the full size frame part of my collection. Eventually I want to get a 27 and a 23 (maybe two so I can have one chopped and one not) and conversion barrels for all of them.

Hunt down one of these

b6989698.jpg
    I found two, so I am hoping that one will still be there if I decide that is the way I want to go.

Top Bottom