• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    I picked up a gen 2 glock 24 today at a gun auction, for what seems like a great price. I've looked around on gunbroker etc and all the prices seem way too high. What's the going rate for one? I pick up the gun from the local gun shop tomorrow, and am looking forward to putting some rounds through it. I have 3 other glock 40's so I'm pretty excited about this one.

Last edited:

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Those are fairly rare, but not as sought after as the 17L.
    I think they usually go for around $500-ish in good condition, maybe less since it's a gen 2.
    Shoot it some and check your brass for bulges.
    Some of those gen 2 .40 cal barrels don't have fully supported chambers and ruin the brass.
    I would consider getting an aftermarket barrel (Lone Wolf, etc...) if it's leaving a "Glock smile" on the brass.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    You should have paid about $450 for it. Even with its "rarity" it's a nothing gun. The G35 is still more desirable as it qualifies to play in more run and gun games. The 24 is a very capable gun but since we are in a time of .40 dumping it's pricing has bottomed out

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You should have paid about $450 for it. Even with its "rarity" it's a nothing gun. The G35 is still more desirable as it qualifies to play in more run and gun games. The 24 is a very capable gun but since we are in a time of .40 dumping it's pricing has bottomed out

The ones that are selling on GB right now have been going from $600-$750 with a ported one going for $950

Agreed, 40 died and the pricing on a lot of them have fallen, but it appears the 24 is the exception

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I take that auction sites with a grain of salt. It's not uncommon for items to be ghost bid just to try and inflate the price or drive the market. Not to say it can't happen..... What's the old saying about a fool and his money?
    if the op was looking for that gun and got what he thinks is a good deal then you're good to go, go out and enjoy it! That's what they're for.
    if he's looking to flip it and pricing it out here..... I guess that's his prerogative too. I hope you paid less than $450 and will shoot the crap out of it and it makes you smile!

Last edited:

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for the input guys, I was more or less looking for a realistic value on the gun. It's not just one you can go out and pick up if so desired. I have 3 other 40s and love them all. It's going to be a nice addition to my glock collection. I don't really see why anyone would say that the 40 round is dead, because the Feds and police have went back to 9? The 40 is still just as accurate and powerful as modern 9mm. Personal preference I guess

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Those are fairly rare, but not as sought after as the 17L.
    I think they usually go for around $500-ish in good condition, maybe less since it's a gen 2.
    Shoot it some and check your brass for bulges.
    Some of those gen 2 .40 cal barrels don't have fully supported chambers and ruin the brass.
    I would consider getting an aftermarket barrel (Lone Wolf, etc...) if it's leaving a "Glock smile" on the brass.

Glock is making the 17L again. I just put one in layaway yesterday.

TheBoss930

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the input guys, I was more or less looking for a realistic value on the gun. It's not just one you can go out and pick up if so desired. I have 3 other 40s and love them all. It's going to be a nice addition to my glock collection. I don't really see why anyone would say that the 40 round is dead, because the Feds and police have went back to 9? The 40 is still just as accurate and powerful as modern 9mm. Personal preference I guess

Isn't the 10mm cartridge gaining popularity?

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Picked up the gun this weekend and am very pleased with it so far. Still has the copper grease on the slide and looks as if it's never been fired. This one has the fixed rear sight and 3.5lb trigger. The serial number starts with auu, I've done some research and can only come up with the month of December, but no year. Anyone who knows glock care to guess what year it was manufactured? View attachment 51880

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Picked up the gun this weekend and am very pleased with it so far. Still has the copper grease on the slide and looks as if it's never been fired. This one has the fixed rear sight and 3.5lb trigger. The serial number starts with auu, I've done some research and can only come up with the month of December, but no year. Anyone who knows glock care to guess what year it was manufactured? View attachment 51880

Glock Serial Number Research Project | Glock Forum at GlockTalk.com

According to this resource, March 1994, Glock 24, generation 2.

Top Bottom