• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    I'm pretty sure mine is a Gen 1, but have a question. By looking at serial number on handgun, is it the letters or numbers that would tell me age, and then which is the identifier?

Thank you.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    From what I have seen with Glock 26's, the oldest would be the ones that have the older parkerized gray finish on the slide, and the front of the grip strap should be smooth with no checkering. A guy I knew had one of these said pistols.

Newer Glock 26's on the other hand have the darker glossy finish like on other present day Glocks, along with checkering on the front strap just as all modern Glocks have now.

The latter being what I had.. personally I like the older style with no checkering on the front, reason being the small size of the pistol caused the checkering to dig into my fingers while shooting.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Well, by guessing only because my specific code doesn't show up, mine was made in April of 1998. My code is BZT, the last website mentioned doesn't show that. I also did a search and can't remember where I ended up but after entering BZT in search it returned "April 19Z8". Don't know if that is true or not, but on the number side you can't get lower than what is on mine :D

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    This is probaly as close as you'll get on Glock dates. Looks like Sep of 96 and a 2.5 Gen gun. Read the whole page and you'll get a ton of info. Love the 26!!! Also, if your a member. You might want to enter your date code as they like numbers that havent been "dated" before. I had a 27 that was the same way and just kinda guessed. You can also call Glock Inc. Smyrna , GA. They will tell you whatever you want to know and give you free Glock swag. Take care.

BZP - G-22 - September 1996 - 2nd Gen.
    BZS - G-23 - September 1996 - 2nd Gen. - dated by Glock
    BZV - G-26 - September 1996 - 2.5 Gen.
    BZX - G-26 - September 1996 - 2.5 Gen.
    BZZ - G-27 - September 1996 - 2.5 Gen.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    BZV - G-26 - September 1996 - 2.5 Gen like The Dude said...............

Its as close as I can get from here: (Below Link)

Glock Serial Number Research Project - Glock Talk

There are NO 1st Gen G-26's.

Yours has the smooth slick grip face right? 2.5 Gen then.
    The Pearce smooth finger rests or a Glock (+) 2 base plate model 7151, which would make your Glock 26 a 12+1 shooter are made for smooth face base plates/extensions and look like they were made for those series BabyGlocks. I carry the G-27 BSA prefix with the (+1) Glock ext baseplates exclusivly.

Top Bottom