• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    How do people do it? All the time I see posts where people say "I just throw my G26/27 in my pocket..." I have a hard enough time managing a Keltec P32 in my pocket, let alone something that is 2.5x thicker and much heavier.

I'm not a tiny guy, but does it take a person of a certain size and stature to be able to just throw one of these in their pocket and go on about their day?

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I pocket carry my G26 maybe 15% of the time in front pockets of jeans or trousers and occasionally in side pockets of cargo pants (not as comfortable as for sure) or back jeans pocket. 6ft, 210# here and sometimes it's the best method for venue/attire.
    :twocents:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    To carry a G26 or G27 (or any other gun) in a pocket, these things are necessary:

Relatively loose pants with relatively deep pocket liners, and
    a pocket holster.

Carrying a handgun in a pocket without a holster increases the chance of a negligent discharge and injury either to the gun owner or to others or both.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I'm 6'6" and sometimes pocket carry my G27. Cargo shorts work the best, and a big part of it depends what I'll be doing. If I'm walking around (primarily) the pocket carry isn't bad. On the other hand, not a lot of room if I'm going to be sitting most of the time.

Car Ramrod, trade in the skinny jeans for some adult pants and you’ll be fine :D

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, you need loose-fit pants with deep pockets. Some of my jeans are a bit too tight and shallow, (gun would stick out the top,) whereas others it just disappears in. I also have an Uncle Mikes pocket holster, size 4. It works great for my G26 or for my .357.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Definitely depends on the particular pockets. Some of my pants work better for pocket carry than others. Having said that, the biggest thing I pocket carry right now is my LC9.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm 6'6" and sometimes pocket carry my G27. Cargo shorts work the best, and a big part of it depends what I'll be doing. If I'm walking around (primarily) the pocket carry isn't bad. On the other hand, not a lot of room if I'm going to be sitting most of the time.

Car Ramrod, trade in the skinny jeans for some adult pants and you’ll be fine :D

They're not skinny jeans, they're Dickies!

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    This is a great question and has always baffled me. Even with loose, big jeans, it's obvious and uncomfortable. Tried front, back and cargo. No joy.

Guess I'm stuck with my 3 o'clock on the belt.....

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    G27 in Don Hume holster.

I have carried my G27 in this Don Hume pocket holster every day for several years. I carry in the right front pocket of usually a pair of Carhartt carpenter jeans. This particular holster only comes in brown, I dyed it black. :)

Link to Don Hume Leather goods: 001 [001] - $40.00 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

DonHumeG27pocketholster003.jpg

DonHumeG27pocketholster006.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom