• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrams12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    I am currently debating between purchasing a Glock 26 in 9mm or a Springfield XD Subcompact in 9mm. Does anyone have experiences with either or both? I would appreciate any advice you have. Thanks.

colts1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kokomo
    I don't think you can go wrong with either. I personally don't like the angle of the grip on the glock but I would trust my life with both weapons. Shoot both and see which one fits you the best.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Which fits your hand better?
    Other things to consider:
    Grip, so-called "safety" vs. none.
    Glock 3.42" barrel vs XD 3" barrel.
    Size and weight differences.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    As others have said, they're both solid choices. I tend to like the trigger and grip angle of Springfield just a bit better than Glock. Hickok45 has a YouTube video of the XD Subcompact in 40 against the Glock 27, which might be a good video to look at (with a grain of salt... Hickok does tend to be partial to Glocks): Glock 27 vs XD subcompact - YouTube

If you don't mind clouding your decision just a tiny bit more, I'd suggest the SR9C would be worth looking at. I bought mine as a bit of an inexpensive experiment. Now that I have the rear sight elevation adjusted to my taste, it's a bulls-eye machine that hasn't had a single malfunction in over 300 rounds! While it's a bit bigger form factor, I also have an XDm Compact that I think very highly of.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    i got the xd 9 subcompact. love it. i like the hi capacity mag with the option of going with the smaller mag if needed. get a pierce mag extension for the smaller mag so your pinky finger has a place to go. i have shot a couple hundred through it. no problems. easy break down for cleaning. i just love it. i would and do recommend the xd sub to everyone. i would get a green one if i could do it over. they just look cool.
    i have no experience with the glock.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Having owned a Glk 26/27 and own now a XDSC Blk9mm and a XDSC BT 9mm, I like the XDSC the best. It fits my hand better.
    I have a small hand and all ,but the Glk 36 ,had a bigger grip than I wanted. XDSC fits great.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Either one will do you fine, I have had both but kept the Glock 26 and sold the XD9SC. For me the G26 shot better and I liked that it was a little smaller than the XD.

Buddy of mine had both also and kept the XD9SC because he liked how it fit his needs better than the G26.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've owned both and I couldn't shoot very well with the XD. I can't really explain why because they're basically the same size. The G26 is what I carry.

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    These are the 2 that I had come down to a couple of years back. I ended up with the XD because I liked the fit and the trigger better. Totally subjective thing. Both are good guns.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have a Glock 26 and a 27 and both are excellent guns and very reliable. i have never handled the xd so I cant give an opinion on the springfield, but you cant go wrong with the Glock.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Either are fine guns, but for me, a grip safety on a carry gun is a deal breaker.

^^^This^^^

I love my XD9SC. I put the Pearce extension on my short mag because I have big hands. I got to hold an XDS the other day and didn't like it. It was too narrow for my taste. You will be best served to try them both and decide from there.

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    I love my Springfield Subcompact. The grip safety is something I like. I find it much prettier than a Glock too. No trouble shooting several thousand rounds of all kinds if ammo, reloads, and steel case crap too.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have the XDS in 45 and I love it. I also have the sr9c and it is really nice as well. I bought the sr9c as a carry piece while the xds was at the factory. I didn't notice much if any difference in carry between the two. The xds is a little smaller, the sr9c carries more. Now, I primarily carry the xds.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom