• ...and so much more!
  • Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    Hey INGO,

I have had an idea now for about a year, and am ready to make the jump if you guys approve.

A little back story on me first. I am a 4 year Marine Corps vet who has served in theatre and has pulled a trigger more than once on an enemy combatant . I love the 1911 and all things 45. That being said, I have always been interested in the 10mm round and its ability to be absolutely devastating to whomever it is fired upon. My only drawback to this caliber has been the size of the firearms in which it has been historicaly offered; being the Delta Elite, The "Bren Ten", Glock 20, Glock 29, and so forth.

I love the Delta, but for concealed carry, a full size 1911 platform can become uncomforatble, even though it can be done, as I have done it many times. As we know, the Bren Ten has become a collectors peice as well as a known failure so it kind of eliminates itself. Then you come to the Glock 20, and absolutely awesome 10mm platform that will never fail or falter, but is an awful large, and combersome package. Now we come to the Glock 29, an subcompact firearm that in also unsurpassed in reliability and function; but for me is a short little package that leaves little to be offered in barrel length and recoil control.

So the research continued and I kept coming back to the 29 for the smaller grip and the effective elimination of "printing" while concealing a firearm IWB under a shirt or any other form of concealed carry. The only thing that still bothered me was barrel length and recoil. Not to mention asthetics, because lets face it, as reliable and dependable as they are Glocks are not the best looking weapons on the market. Then I came across KKM and their compensated barrels.

So I want you to picture this weapon, as I cannot find any pictures to support my vision. Glock 29, with the KKM 4 port compensator and an extended grip extension, which I believe gives you an effective barrel length, recoil reduction, as well as enough grip length to support your traditional "high tang" grip. I also believe that this package will also be very striking in appearance. This is a package that I think would be very effective for concealed carry as well as effective trauma inducing firepower to any individual wishing to bring you and your family harm.

So in closing, I would love to hear all of INGO's thoughts on this little package that I have thought up. I am open to praise as well as criticism, because I trust all of you and your opinions on what will keep me as well as my kids safe, so no kid gloves, tell it like it is INGO!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Believe it or not my G29 has less felt recoil than my G20! I have shot and own plenty of 10MMs, Colt, S&W, Glock, Witness autos and S&W and Ruger revolvers and the G29 has the least amount of felt recoil to me. I saw a G20 that had a 6" bbl that was ported that I thought was pretty interesting. The G29 is pretty easy to carry and has plenty of firepower for the self defense role, IMO. Good luck with your project.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have carried a G29 since they first came out. I don't find it to be uncontrollable at all, though it is a handful. I think you should build the gun you like, but I also think that by the time you are done you'll have a gun just about the same size as the G20.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    Only thing is that when adding the mag extension you are making the frame longer, so it will print more under your clothing. I wish concealable control would make their extensions for the 29, unless there is something out there I am missing?

Also are there any non ported or compensated extended g29 barrels out there?

Top Bottom