• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    I hate to rub it in but i just picked up a G23 NibX that i LOVE !!
    You will love the finish as well, its so easy to clean and looks great !! Dont give up your jewel is out there, it will be worth the wait !!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've never heard of a G30SF with the Nickel Boron slide finish, either in the TALO editions done by Fail Zero last year, or in the more recent distributor exclusives done by WMD Guns. Where did you see one? It could have been a gun that someone (individual or shop) had sent out to be coated.

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    ya shooter521 my boy has a glock 30 with nib-x coating ( nickel boron ), not the talo. got it about 2 months ago. and yes it was brand new with box and paper work, its not the sf it just a g30 with nib-x, so i do know they did make some, if anybody runs across one i would for sure be interested

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    ya shooter521 my boy has a glock 30 with nib-x coating ( nickel boron ), not the talo. got it about 2 months ago. and yes it was brand new with box and paper work, its not the sf it just a g30 with nib-x, so i do know they did make some

Did a little digging on this, and found the following posted from one of Glock's district reps on another forum:

Sir,

We do not apply those finishes at our factory, annually we have an agreement for a limited number of new guns that are sold from the factory to a company with the knowledge they will have this finish applied and then they are sold as special packages at certain large distributor shows. We support the application, however we do not apply them if that makes sense. They are new guns with the full warranty, just not applied by Glock.

I hope that answers your question.

Top Bottom