Glock 34 or CZ75B for a newb getting into competitive shooting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which pistol?

• Total voters

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'm assuming that if you have a decocker, your first shot in the string would be DA?

That would be a disincentive to me, or reason to buy a safety model and carry it cocked and locked.

Do you compete? Because th answer it depends what game/division you want to shoot. Exactly why I suggest getting to know th game before spending money. Some divisions you HAVE to start DA, others you don't have to, some yo u don't have to, but 9mm won't be competitive, etc.

fear not the double action shot. It all takes practice, no matter the equipment. I started with a Beretta 92, have run an open gun, 1911, and glocks. If you expect to win because of your equipment choice, you're off track. First step is getting started, not spending a bunch of $!

Learning to to shoot DA will make you better in the long run, IMO.

-rvb

Last edited:

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I love Glocks, but I have a CZ75B and I shoot so well with it...I finally had to admit that I love the CZ75B more. I shoot with the CZ, strut around a little bit, then shoot with another pistol and remember how I'm really not very good. I still EDC a Glock...for now. I don't know about competitions and don't have any real interest in competitions, but if I had to shoot in a competition I'd definitely pick the CZ75B because I shoot better with it than anything else.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm just a weirdo, but I compete with the gun platform that is my self defense gun platform. :dunno:

It's how you get better for the more important stuff. ;)

FYI - A few $ invested in a few hours with a solid trainer is your best handgun money ever spent. :twocents:

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Do you compete? Because th answer it depends what game/division you want to shoot. Exactly why I suggest getting to know th game before spending money. Some divisions you HAVE to start DA, others you don't have to, some yo u don't have to, but 9mm won't be competitive, etc.

fear not the double action shot. It all takes practice, no matter the equipment. I started with a Beretta 92, have run an open gun, 1911, and glocks. If you expect to win because of your equipment choice, you're off track. First step is getting started, not spending a bunch of $!

Learning to to shoot DA will make you better in the long run, IMO.

-rvb

For IDPA, once upon a time a 1911. Now an M&P.

And I don't expect to win... :):

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I like in rural southern Indiana. Nowhere near me has gun rentals, at least not like that (range I shoot at does machine gun rentals though...)

Dave's Gun Shop, Holland Indiana, about a 2 hour drive for you. I suspect he will have the Glocks and an Xdm & similar as range guns, doubt that he has the CZ but he might.

I have no connection to the business. Darn near shot his G43 yesterday but I was afraid I would like it.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I would vote for the 34 for the reason that it can be upgraded yourself and upgrade parts are relatively inexpensive for the most part. Also your already use to shooting with the Glock platform since you have the 19 already. Just my thoughts....

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I have a 34 too OP. I can bring both. Just let me know. It would need to be on a Saturday. I could meet you at the range you frequent.

Top Bottom