• ...and so much more!
  • Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    Which is most common at USPSA matches- fiber optic front or plain front sights?
    I've read where some prefer plain but I can see where the fiber optic would be quicker
    to locate. Thanks

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Fiber allows you to track the front sight easier at speed. However some people think it's a red dot and pull the trigger when they see red. This works on close targets but add some distance and it will leave you with a lot of misses. So if you can remain disciplined enough to properly align the sights when required, I don't think there is any downside to having the fiber.

Another consideration is front sight width, which is arguably more important than the fiber. Wide front sights which don't allow much daylight on the sides are hard to shoot at speed.

Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    I wanted the Taran sights but I just learned that they won't work on the MOS because the front of the rear sight will be in the cut out.

indyff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I have the warren tactical blacked out rear and fiber optic front. They are a great set of sights for about $100. I use them on my IDPA gun and so does a sheriff deputy I shoot with.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I put the Dawson Competition front and rear on my 34. I really like them. The front sight is easier to pick up now. If you break the tube, it takes about 2 minutes to change. A friend of mine put the Dawson fiber optic on the front and blacked out the rear sight using a sharpie(sp?) on his G19. Seems to work fine.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Also using warren/sevigny w. Fiber. Only gripe is rear notch is a little wide for my taste.

I like having fiber. Inertia is one reason (what I'm used to). Another is sometimes, like at Fort Wayne in the mornings when you're shooting into the sun, all I can see is that little red dot... Most of the time I try to ignore the fiber other than to get my eye to the FS eg on the draw or after a reload.

-rvb

Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    What I've found is Dawson makes a sight for the MOS, co witness and non co witness. Or I could get a Taran or warren and not put a optic on it.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    My favorite sight set up for my G34 is a Heinie Slant Pro all black rear and a Hi Viz fiber optic front, the taller of the ones available. That set up puts the round hitting right about where that big f/o dot is.

Top Bottom