• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    I have heard some rumors recently that Glock might be bringing the .380 to the US in the near future. Has anyone else heard this? Is there any truth to this? And why haven't they sold that model here in the past? The only thing I can find on Glock web site is that model is only available to LEO.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Why would anyone want one? The subcompact 9mm, 40 cal and 357 are the same size. I'll pass if its every available here.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Why would anyone want to buy a .308 machine gun? How about a 9mm machine gun?

Because this is a free country and WE CAN.

People want what they want. Surely that we gun-owners can respect that.

That said, the Glock .380 won't ever be imported. It doesn't meet the BATFE's "point system" for the importation of the firearms.

Now, if they wanted, they could produce it at their facility in Georgia and sell it here.

I doubt they would, though.

-J-

dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    According to the web site the G25 and the G28 are both 1.18" wide. I just want something with a less visible profile and I am very comfortable and confident in my current G26. Everyone likes something different and just because I like it doesn't mean you have to also and vise versa.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

That said, the Glock .380 won't ever be imported. It doesn't meet the BATFE's "point system" for the importation of the firearms.

Now, if they wanted, they could produce it at their facility in Georgia and sell it here.

I doubt they would, though.

-J-

+1!! I get sick of "why" questions, both pro or anti gun...

Also, you could mop up in the subcompact category at GSSF matches!! Lower impulse, controllable automatic the size of a G26 or 19 in a low pressure round?! Awesomeness for girly shooters like me! :D

Also, lighter framed shooters or first timers or ladies can shoot a G26 well with some instruction, a G25 or 28 would be much lower recoil in a proven caliber. Seems like the only place .380 can't kill someone is on the internet or in the USA. ;)

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington

-J-

I fully agree that people want what they want, and it is (for now) still a free country. I really was wanting to know the reasoning for wanting a .380. I meant no disrespect or anything, hell I have a .380... just sits in the safe collecting dust, but I have it. I was simply curious as to why the OP would want one. :dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I fully agree that people want what they want, and it is (for now) still a free country. I really was wanting to know the reasoning for wanting a .380. I meant no disrespect or anything, hell I have a .380... just sits in the safe collecting dust, but I have it. I was simply curious as to why the OP would want one. :dunno:

Why do YOU want one? ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I like .380s, especially in the summertime. I don't like Glocks, anytime! I like that you like Glocks. I like the fact that you don't like .380s. I like people that know what they like and don't like. What I really like is that you are free to go ahead and spend YOUR hard earned money however YOU like. I really like that. Howsabout that?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    ?

According to the web site the G25 and the G28 are both 1.18" wide. I just want something with a less visible profile and I am very comfortable and confident in my current G26. Everyone likes something different and just because I like it doesn't mean you have to also and vise versa.

The G25 and G28 are identical in size to the G26. Same width, height and length. :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The .380 pistols are more popular in Europe for legal reasons, that may be one of the reasons why Glock dont want to bother making it in the US.
    They have a big market in Europe than they dont have in the US.
    US shooters have so much more caliber options for cheaper.
    In Italy civilians shooters cannot own 9mm pistols because it's a military caliber for example.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Glock now has the capability to manufacture their pistols 100% in the USA if they chose to do so; that would eliminate the ATF "points" criteria. When I re-certified as a Glock Armorer last year, we were told that making any of their .380 pistols for the US market was WAY down on their priority list, primarily because they didn't think they'd sell very many.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just bet there are a few (very few) Glock collectors that want each and every model and generation that has ever been made for there own personal collection.

Kind of like their own little Glock museum in a safe. A picture of Gaston adorns their mantel, and they have a tattoo of the Glock 'G' on the small of their backs.

It's a lot like a cult. A secret society - if you will. I shouldn't be telling any of you about all of this... I fear retaliation.

Anyways. I doubt Glock is going to bring .380's in for just those kind of guys. But you never know...

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Sylvian and Shooter521 are right on the money. There is talk of making them in the United States. In South America, people are not able to own the same caliber as the military so there is a market for the .380 Glock down there. They can be purchased in the United States but are restricted to Law Enforcement and Military only.

Top Bottom