• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I just bet there are a few (very few) Glock collectors that want each and every model and generation that has ever been made for there own personal collection.

Kind of like their own little Glock museum in a safe. A picture of Gaston adorns their mantel, and they have a tattoo of the Glock 'G' on the small of their backs.

It's a lot like a cult. A secret society - if you will. I shouldn't be telling any of you about all of this... I fear retaliation.

Anyways. I doubt Glock is going to bring .380's in for just those kind of guys. But you never know...

I need to know everything there is to know about you since you've discovered "us". Please leave your name, address, phone number, shirt size, blood type, alias, number of freckles, and names of all living relatives.

It feels like you are talking directly to ME although I would not own a Glock 380 myself but I would buy one for my daughter so she could carry to school. (she's 12)

All kidding aside, I like guns, most all guns, but I've been pretty lucky in competition with my Glocks.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    aye...

I had been thinking about trying to find a way to get a G25. Then...my father-in-law showed me his colt government model .380, he was one of the first to get one during their original first run, now I want his .380. It's like a miniature 1911 and that intrigues the crap out of me for some reason, it's just so tiny and 1911. All aspirations of any other .380 have faded since I've seen it.

You see what I did there....I inadvertently went from wanting a Glock to wanting a 1911.....that happened...... :dunno:

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I would get one in a heartbeat. Not for me but for the wife. The wife is small with small hands and is recoil sensitive. She has trouble with the recoil of a glock 26 and a somewhat difficult time with racking the slide. The reduced strength of the .380 recoil spring would help with that as well. Although most of what it said about the .380 vs 9mm vs .40 in the same size package is true for the majority of us, I do think that there is a niche where the .380 glock would fit.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Walther has done pretty well with their PK380, a sub sized glock would be similar in size, maybe a touch smaller, and already have a good bunch of holster choices in the aftermarket. I personally wouldnt want one, but guessing from the easy that a PK380 is to cycle the slide, a glock would be similar in operation, making it a good (if not better) choice for those that have issue racking the slide on other sub compact pistols in heavier calibers.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I really don't see the point in offering a Glock subcompact in .380.

I think it would be a waste of resources to produce/import a .380 if the dimensions are going to be the same as the G26.

I believe their resources would be better spent getting a single stack slim pistol to the market.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    I wouldn't really want the subcompact, but the larger one in the Glock 19 size would be of interest to me. Why? Because I want one...

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Walther has done pretty well with their PK380, a sub sized glock would be similar in size, maybe a touch smaller, and already have a good bunch of holster choices in the aftermarket. I personally wouldnt want one, but guessing from the easy that a PK380 is to cycle the slide, a glock would be similar in operation, making it a good (if not better) choice for those that have issue racking the slide on other sub compact pistols in heavier calibers.
    I totally forgot about folks like that. In that case may we get a glock factory chambered in .22LR?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    When I re-certified as a Glock Armorer last year, we were told that making any of their .380 pistols for the US market was WAY down on their priority list, primarily because they didn't think they'd sell very many.
    Unless they redesign their .380 pistol, they're probably right. It's as big as a 9mm only chambered in .380. If they redesigned the pistol and made it smaller than a 9mm, I'm sure it would sell quite well.

Top Bottom