• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I read Glock is building a manufacturing facility in Georgia.
    I personally think they would sell a ton of them. They won't be that much more than a Bersa and Diamondbacks and will have better name recognition.

They have been making Glock in Georgia since '05, and have really picked up production in '09. The US made Glocks are for export to countries that can't import from Austria. The Georgia plant can't keep up with US demand, so we are still seeing imported Glocks.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Not enough points for the .380 Glock, spark.

That's my guess as well. The importation issue does not fit when you consider that Bersa sends all kinds of .380s up from Argentina. How could they get them imported if Glock cannot.

With the G28 built on the same frame as the G26/27, what would the market be? You have the exact same size and capacity of a G26, but in a less powerful round. Sure, recoil would be lighter, but I'm guessing they have a good market for them elsewhere and don't need to factor in the tiny US market for that particular gun.

I'm surprised that nobody makes a .380 conversion barrel for the 26 or 27 though. The one thing that's really nice about .380 is that it's very cheap to reload. Last batch I loaded ran under $5 per 50. A conversion barrel would make a very cheap way to practice using .380 for reloaders.

Top Bottom