• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There is no way anyone could have any issues with a Glock pistol. They work right out of the box with any ammo and are the perfect pistol. It has to be something you are doing wrong. : Maybe a little purple needed: :dunno:

Well, my wife found out the 42 is especially susceptible to limp wristing. Ive never had a FTF in mine, but she can induce one pretty reliably. Usually one or more per mag.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    The rental one at the range I bet has had about 300-400 rounds through it a week since we got it and that's been a while and it has never missed a beat when fired by those not limp-wristing or having proper grip.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    A friend lent me his so I could let my wife try it out to see if it's something she might like. Didn't have any problems with the Hornadys we tried but it sure didn't like Blazers. About every other round would get all jammed up shooting the Blazers, limp wristed or not.

Ruspath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I did have one of the first ones. Checked out one that arrive 2 weeks ago at a LGS and was tempted. When it worked it was cool. Another thing I can confess I did was hold it so my left thumb (always low hold) hit the slide release so I had a few premature lock backs with a round in the mag ready to feed. I figured if I have to hold differently for this one it is not the carry gun for me. I like a 938 and drill with it, not too much difference in size. 42 is Kinda big for a 380 but for Glock aficionados it fits the bill.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The rental one at the range I bet has had about 300-400 rounds through it a week since we got it and that's been a while and it has never missed a beat when fired by those not limp-wristing or having proper grip.
    This:oldwise:............. I'll also add that everyone I've encountered at the range complaining about their personal 42 jamming ran flawlessly when I tried it. Generally as pistols get smaller avoiding limp wristing becomes more important. As pistols get physically smaller the timing getting the empty out and the fresh round in becomes more critical. Anything that alters that timing such as limp wristing will cause functioning problems. I'm not an expert on anything but do have some limited experience in this area.
    AS a side note, IF you have one of the first run 42s giving you any problems Glock will overhaul it free, just call them and send it back.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I finally got mine to the range today. I had several failure to feed issues but it was always same mag, mag#2. The first time with mag #2, it ftf EVERY SINGLE ROUND. From there on out it was totally random when it would fail but it was always with the same mag. This kinda proves it's a good reason to number your mags so you know which ones you can trust and which ones should be range use only.

If anyone is interested for any reason...

Mags 1 & 2 Glock Factory mags that came with the gun
    Mags 3 & 4 Glock Factory mags with Glock extension already installed from the factory

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I finally got mine to the range today. I had several failure to feed issues but it was always same mag, mag#2. The first time with mag #2, it ftf EVERY SINGLE ROUND. From there on out it was totally random when it would fail but it was always with the same mag. This kinda proves it's a good reason to number your mags so you know which ones you can trust and which ones should be range use only.

If anyone is interested for any reason...

Mags 1 & 2 Glock Factory mags that came with the gun
    Mags 3 & 4 Glock Factory mags with Glock extension already installed from the factory

I'd be contacting the factory to get a replacement magazine. You are wise to label them so you can ID the reliable magazine, but you shouldn't have to settle for one for self defense and the other for target practice.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I run reloads in my wife's. It took several recipies before I found one that works for her. She will still have a jam about one or two in a hundred rounds if she limp wrists it. I am not at max load yet so I'm going to bump the next batch and see how she does. I haven't tried SD factory loads in it yet.

same here. started with my usual 2.7 of unique but they would not cycle the 42. 3.2 is happy land on the reloads for me with berrys RN bullets. fiocchi HP rounds run fine, and my Montana gold hp reloads do also.

Top Bottom