• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craigery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    NW Indianapolis
    Hello everyone! I just purchased a blue label Glock 42. I'm hoping its the updated model but the feed ramp is worrying me a little bit. I haven't fired it yet but upon inspecting the weapon, I saw what looked similar to an M4 feed ramp. Is this typical with the .380 caliber? This is my first weapon in that cartridge.

I have attached a photo for reference. All of my other glocks (23,19, 30SF) aren't like this.
    42feedramp.jpg

Craigery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    NW Indianapolis
    I just wanted to give everyone a quick update! I took the G42 to the range today and shot 120 rounds through it. I shot 100 of blazer brass with absolutely no problems! Best of all, I shot 20 of the Lehigh Defense Xtreme Penetrator ammo and it fed perfectly despite it being a crazy shape! All groups were small and tight at the 5-7 yard range which is perfect!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I was initially concerned because not only does it look a bit odd it is incredibly steep as well when you compare other calibers. But I guess that is just nature of the beast when you combine that caliber with that size of pistol. Mine has been an absolute machine since I bought it. about 250 rounds through there and no issues what so ever! Even used it in a couple of IDPA BUG matches and it shot it as fast as I physically could and it never batted an eye. Love that little 42!

Craigery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm thinking about purchasing one for me for my summer carry. I'm a little jealous of the wife's 42. I carry the 19 as much as possible but I'm a small guy and haven't found a comfortable way to daily carry (especially at work)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm thinking about purchasing one for me for my summer carry. I'm a little jealous of the wife's 42. I carry the 19 as much as possible but I'm a small guy and haven't found a comfortable way to daily carry (especially at work)

What holster are you using? Try a hybrid IWB. I use a Galco King Turk. Glock 19 or Glock 26 at any given time. A good belt also makes a huge difference. Daltech Force biobelt for me...

Top Bottom