• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyelmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Has anyone had problems with the newer ones? My fiancée wants to get one, but I don't want to get her a gun that will break or have any FTF, FTE, ect... Any advise? (P.S. The secondary choice, do to the Glock 42 being cheaper, is a Sig P238, the Sig being more expensive)

I had 1.5 FTE in first mag , now at 1000 rounds down range with no issues ....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive got a new one. 100 rounds and its flawless. As long as you are buying from a dealer that turns them quickly so you are sure you dont have one of the first ones, go for it. You wont be disappointed.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I'm looking into testing some glocks out for my first purchase, and if I decide to go that route it be nice to know that their support is at least somewhat helpful. Have you had any trouble with Glock themselves? Hopefully you get those sights upgraded for free!

This is the only glock out of 12 I've owned that I've had problems out of. I'd recommend glock to anyone for their first pistol that's for sure.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I just picked up my G42 - I've had NO trouble with it after 0 rounds so far.

seriously, I love it, but have yet to fire it. Curious why all my other Glocks say "Austria" on the slide, but the 42, says USA.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The only issue I had was due to some underpowered reloaded ammo. We were experimenting with some different loads and hit a point where it just wouldn't reliably cycle the gun. Other than that, mine has been through about 300 rounds with no issues unless I caused them. The recoil is almost nonexistent and I am blown away by the accuracy of that little gun. Mine has a born on date 5/2014 for reference's sake.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The only issue I had was due to some underpowered reloaded ammo. We were experimenting with some different loads and hit a point where it just wouldn't reliably cycle the gun. Other than that, mine has been through about 300 rounds with no issues unless I caused them. The recoil is almost nonexistent and I am blown away by the accuracy of that little gun. Mine has a born on date 5/2014 for reference's sake.

how do we find the born on date again?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Empty cases.

how do we find the born on date again?
    There should be a envelope in the box (usually under the foam liner) that has two fired shell cases. These are the cases from the test firing of your pistol at the factory in Smyrna,GA. and are required in some States that require the registration of firearms such as Massachusetts. On that envelope is the test fire date and the name of the Glock technician that performed the test firing. This date is considered to be,"the born on date", of your pistol. :)

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    There should be a envelope in the box (usually under the foam liner) that has two fired shell cases. These are the cases from the test firing of your pistol at the factory in Smyrna,GA. and are required in some States that require the registration of firearms such as Massachusetts. On that envelope is the test fire date and the name of the Glock technician that performed the test firing. This date is considered to be,"the born on date", of your pistol. :)

8/10/14 :D

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    After purchasing this firearm and having nothing but troubles with it I decided to send it to glock and have all the updated parts out in it and got it back about a week ago. I decided to go shoot it today and well this happen after one mag! Let just say I'm not very happy about it and I believe this is the biggest POS glock has ever made.

d6KBvBM.jpg

Looks like you got the HoMeBoy Sights. You need a little glue. You can put them on the top, right or left side, your choice.

nyte-sytes.jpg

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Looks like you got the HoMeBoy Sights. You need a little glue. You can put them on the top, right or left side, your choice.

nyte-sytes.jpg

hahaha. Does anyone know if I send my polished barrel with the gun if it will be returned? I got the paper work saying anything polished won't be returned?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    hahaha. Does anyone know if I send my polished barrel with the gun if it will be returned? I got the paper work saying anything polished won't be returned?

Call and talk to them. Explain the situation. Either ONLY the slide goes back, or everything EXCEPT the barrel goes back. Barrel isnt defective and shouldnt impact sights at all.

I dont see why you couldnt send ONLY the slide back since thats the only part affected by it. The second question would be "why wouldnt I get my polished barrel back if the repair isnt related directly to the barrel?"

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Yeah after looking at a review of the recall and updated 42's the complete gun is going back and I'm making them completely look it over also they told me they didn't make night sights for the 42 yet

Top Bottom