• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Last year I was looking for a single stack 9mm to add to the collection. Went to Rocket Guns/Shoot to Thrill in Goshen since they had 9mm Shield, G43 and a Ruger LCS9 Pro in the rental fleet. After about 150 rounds, I ended up with the Ruger. For me I just shot it better. The trigger is what set it apart without any modifications. I'm a big fan of Glock (have a 19 and 34) but just didn't shoot the G43 nearly as well as the Ruger. I carried the LCS9 over the summer and an rotating back to the G19 as the weather gets colder and I wear more clothes. As always YMMV, and variety spices things up. G43 was a close second for me.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Some people seem to not like the trigger of the G43, but I have no real problems with it once I've shot it enough times. It isn't perfect out of the box and sure, you CAN get a different trigger.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    I am so happy with my Glock 43 that I sold my Colt model 1911 pistol then bought a Glock 34 Gen 4.
    I shot it today at MCF&G 100 rds of cheap of 115 ball ammo. As usual the new Glock shot flawlessly.
    Now I own the smallest of the Glocks and now "one" of the largest of Glocks.
    JT

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    I am so happy with my Glock 43 that I sold my Colt model 1911 pistol then bought a Glock 34 Gen 4.
    I shot it today at MCF&G 100 rds of cheap of 115 ball ammo. As usual the new Glock shot flawlessly.
    Now I own the smallest of the Glocks and now "one" of the largest of Glocks.
    JT

I have never owned a 1911. I only know how others hold them in high regard. I do own and like my G43. I like it a lot. But, after after having read your post I am shocked at the move. Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging, but that seems like a big move .

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Bought my G43 used and it came with Talon grips. I've since put them on all my Glocks.

I never thought I needed them before. Then I went and shot my 1911 with the aggressive VZ grips on it and my G19 immediately afterwards. The Glock felt like it was moving around in my hands like a bar of soap. It was like, oh this is why people stipple and grip tape and the like.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    In all my almost eighty years of owning tens upon tens of hand guns , I have never been more happy then with my GLOCK 43.
    I carry mine in pocket carry mode with Glock night sights and an extra magazine.
    JT.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    So...you're carrying a semi-auto that you've only put 50 rounds through?

I lug around a Sig P226 all day because my job requires I carry it. The G43 is my little back up pistol. Outside work, I'll will admit I get lazy and at times just refuse to go through the extra 2 minutes of opening the safe to grab my off duty weapon and putting a belt and holster back on. Now that I have the G43, it's not a hassle at all. I get up, put it on, and it stays there until bedtime. It's so light I forget I have it! I now have about 350-400 rounds through it with no issues. Hitting 3" steel plates with ease at about 15 yards. The downside is having to constantly do magazine changes as I'm use to carrying 18 + 1 in the P226.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I never thought I needed them before. Then I went and shot my 1911 with the aggressive VZ grips on it and my G19 immediately afterwards. The Glock felt like it was moving around in my hands like a bar of soap. It was like, oh this is why people stipple and grip tape and the like.

You're just going to have increase that grip strength!!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

G19RTF2 my friend, it's as if it is super glued to your hands.

Top Bottom