• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If the chart is accurate it's quite a bit bigger than a CM9 which i've owned and liked but I thought it too small. The G43 may be okay size-wise and I look forward to seeing one, wish the grip was a tad longer though.

The G42 is a little short for mine and my wifes hands as well but the extended base plate give a nice grip. I ordered five Glock mags from Botach for the G42. I also ordered Pierce extended base plates to go with them. When the mags arrived they had extended base plates already installed.

Glock should have done the 6 and 7 round mags like S&W did.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Obviously I can't speak to the accuracy of the comparisons but if someone had a G26 and a Shield, they could compare them in a similar fashion and get a good idea.
    Edit: I don't know why I can't get the picture to post but the shield is longer from trigger guard to the end of the grip, just long enough for that finger and extra round I think! I just googled it and you can find a comparison.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If the chart is accurate it's quite a bit bigger than a CM9 which i've owned and liked but I thought it too small. The G43 may be okay size-wise and I look forward to seeing one, wish the grip was a tad longer though.

:+1: just a touch longer!

The G42 is a little short for mine and my wifes hands as well but the extended base plate give a nice grip. I ordered five Glock mags from Botach for the G42. I also ordered Pierce extended base plates to go with them. When the mags arrived they had extended base plates already installed.

Glock should have done the 6 and 7 round mags like S&W did.

S&W did 7 and 8 rounders, the 43 has 6 round mags.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Edit: I don't know why I can't get the picture to post but the shield is longer from trigger guard to the end of the grip, just long enough for that finger and extra round I think! I just googled it and you can find a comparison.

I don't consider that to be a bad thing. My preference is for as small as possible yet still allow for recoil management and accuracy. I'll carry this pistol most often when I would have carried a J frame. It'll provide me with two more rounds on deck and a significantly faster reload if required.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't consider that to be a bad thing. My preference is for as small as possible yet still allow for recoil management and accuracy. I'll carry this pistol most often when I would have carried a J frame. I'll provide me with two more rounds on deck and a significantly faster reload if required.

Good point, most of the time if I switch from a 19 to a shield something this size would fit the bill better anyways, I was about to get a 938. The 43 I am guessing will be it though.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't consider that to be a bad thing. My preference is for as small as possible yet still allow for recoil management and accuracy. I'll carry this pistol most often when I would have carried a J frame. It'll provide me with two more rounds on deck and a significantly faster reload if required.
    You not carrying J frames anymore?

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    cTC1lv6.jpg

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    [video=youtube_share;pbwxFOuLSfQ]http://youtu.be/pbwxFOuLSfQ[/video]
    I'm sorry but I couldn't take this guy seriously.

I have to agree this gun is focused on the BUG, pocket, and ankle carry crowd and I bet it'll serve that purpose well. I can't wrap my head around this ongoing complaint that it lacks in "capacity" because 6+1 9mm is a fair amount once the BUG has become needed. Glock is doing just what it needs to do; producing more competition in the right to carry crowd because that is where the highest demand is right now. A Glock sub-machine gun would be a great addition to their military line as well in all honesty.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I never take him seriously :)

I'm sorry but I couldn't take this guy seriously.

I have to agree this gun is focused on the BUG, pocket, and ankle carry crowd and I bet it'll serve that purpose well. I can't wrap my head around this ongoing complaint that it lacks in "capacity" because 6+1 9mm is a fair amount once the BUG has become needed. Glock is doing just what it needs to do; producing more competition in the right to carry crowd because that is where the highest demand is right now. A Glock sub-machine gun would be a great addition to their military line as well in all honesty.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Now that the G43 is here, how long until the vigil for the single stack .40 starts? I wonder if the frame size would accommodate a .40 S&W, or if they sized the gun around the 9mm round like they did with the G42 and .380 round. With the G17/22, G19/23 and G26/27 pairings, it sort of makes you expect a G43/xx set as well.

BTW, I know I was not the only one to predict this, but I think I was one of the first:

Why doesn't the Glock get points for the loaded chamber indicator? That bump on the extractor that lets you feel if one is in the chamber should count for 5 more points which would give the G25/G28 enough points to be importable. If not, they could have done a minor mod to it to make it protrude enough or show red when loaded to get them over the 80 point hurdle. In my opinion, the 25/28 did not bring enough to the table to be worth the effort to bring in. It gives nothing over a G19 or G26 except a bit lighter recoil. Now, the 42 does bring a bit to the table in that it's new enough that people will buy it because it's the smallest Glock they can buy right now. Then, a year or two later when the .380 sales have slowed to a normal pace, they will offer the 9mm version and the sales will take off again. If they released the 9mm first, the .380 would not generate many sales if released after for the same reason a G28 would not generate many sales today. By releasing the G42 in .380 first, they get to ride two buying frenzies just like Sig did with the P238 and then the P938 a couple of years after. If the single stack pistols do well enough, maybe they'll do a 10mm version of the G36 down the road.

Top Bottom