Glock 43 - Personal Reviews from Indiana folks!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Check out the ameriglo hackathorn sights. Amazon.com : AmeriGlo Hackathorn Sight For Glock 43 and 43 Front/Rear Green Tritium Orange Outline Front Black Serrated Rear GL- : Sports & Outdoors

I just picked up a set of these myself but am still waiting to try them out.

I actually just found those, well I haven't found them in stock any where, but I did find them!

They look close to what I like. I wish the rear sight had serrations on the back and that the front side of the rear sight was flat and squared off for one handed operations. But it looks as though it is the closest to what I want, unless I piece together some thing.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like mine so far. It's a very familiar feeling and shootable pistol that is just smaller and lighter. The engravings are shallow though, which seems cheap and the slide finish is not that durable. Mine has a scratch on it that it came with brand new and after a week of carrying, it's already showing holster wear. I have scotch tape on the areas of the frame and slide that are wearing. It's shooting to the left too. I'll have to shoot it more to see if that's me or if the sights are just off. I dont' shoot my other two Glocks to the left, just this one, so it's probably a sight issue.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Put another 300rds thru mine today. Gun ran flawlessly with mixed ammo, ie: 115gr--147gr--FMJ___124gr GD 147gr HST.

Also, no issues with the mags running the TT +2 base pads.

I did spend a bit more time with accuracy today instead of just running the gun hard for function purposes. Gun shoots left regardless of ammo, although I didn't shoot it from a rest to confirm, I did break out my trusty g17 to make sure it wasn't me.

New sights are on the way, I chose the Hackthorn combo from Ameriglo, I will get the gun dialed when the sights get here with my prefered defensive ammo, 147gr HST.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I ran about 300 rounds through mine today. Have a slight issue with slide bite, but I have huge hands. I even experience it on full size frames. Despite that it ran flawlessly. I installed some big dots on it and it is spot on. I could easily ring a 6 inch plate repeatedly from 15 yards away if I did my part. Overall I'm really pleased with how well it shot for me.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Ameriglo Hackathorn sights installed, good kit.

Ghost connector installed and a complete polish to all FCG parts, trigger is now acceptable, if not pretty darn good.

More rounds will be but down range today.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I'd like to see a factory 8 rounder, heck why not a factory 10 rounder? How many 9mm rounds can be stacked in line before they curve too much for straight magazines?
    I'd be content with some sort of extended mag for a backup mag. How many round do the full size 9mm 1911's hold? I would think they hold around 10 rounds in a single stack configuration.

Ameriglo Hackathorn sights installed, good kit.

Ghost connector installed and a complete polish to all FCG parts, trigger is now acceptable, if not pretty darn good.

More rounds will be but down range today.
    I think on the 43 and 42, the ghost connector is a must. My 43 and 42 triggers are way heavier than the advertised 5.5 lbs. If they felt like my other glocks I'd leave them alone. Just a connector swap puts it closer in line with my duty gun which is what I was after.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'd be content with some sort of extended mag for a backup mag. How many round do the full size 9mm 1911's hold? I would think they hold around 10 rounds in a single stack configuration.

I think on the 43 and 42, the ghost connector is a must. My 43 and 42 triggers are way heavier than the advertised 5.5 lbs. If they felt like my other glocks I'd leave them alone. Just a connector swap puts it closer in line with my duty gun which is what I was after.

I'm ok with the stock trigger pull on both guns, as they are my EDC's, as long as I'm accurate with them.

I'll be hopefully getting back to the range today with my 43 to try out the Truglo TFX sights. Also, I just ordered some Freedom Munitions new manufacture ammo with Hornady XTP bullets. That seems to be an EDC bullet with excellent performance, and Freedom has great prices with free shipping on the first order. I also picked some up for the 42. The XTP seems to be one of the best in .380.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Back from range.

I really like the Hackathorn sights.

The Ghost connector, plus my polish work was a huge improvement. Trigger is on par with all my other my other Glocks.

The downside, three times today my support hand engaged the slidestop.......sigh. I am considering altering it, as I don't use them to return the gun to battery after reloads and such.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I'm ok with the stock trigger pull on both guns, as they are my EDC's, as long as I'm accurate with them.

I'll be hopefully getting back to the range today with my 43 to try out the Truglo TFX sights. Also, I just ordered some Freedom Munitions new manufacture ammo with Hornady XTP bullets. That seems to be an EDC bullet with excellent performance, and Freedom has great prices with free shipping on the first order. I also picked some up for the 42. The XTP seems to be one of the best in .380.
    The XTP in .380 is my round of choice, and I've started using Freedom exclusively now. I've been impressed with the quality and the price.

Back from range.

I really like the Hackathorn sights.

The Ghost connector, plus my polish work was a huge improvement. Trigger is on par with all my other my other Glocks.

The downside, three times today my support hand engaged the slidestop.......sigh. I am considering altering it, as I don't use them to return the gun to battery after reloads and such.
    Ameriglo is one of the best sight manufacturers in my opinion. The different configurations for one pistol is amazing.

I haven't noticed the slide stop problem, but I wouldn't oppose to modifying it. I'm like you and don't use it for much anyway.

It's good to see that most reports are coming back positive.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Has anyone tried to shoot snakeshot through their 43? Just curious. When I go hog hunting in Texas, in the past I've taken my SR9 or SR9c as a sidearm with snakeshot for rattlers. The problem is that it doesn't have enough power to properly cycle the slide, so it stovepipes on every shot. You have to shoot, rack, then shoot again.

If I remember, I'll take some snakeshot out today to the range and see how it goes through the 43 and maybe my G19. Either way, I'll probably take the 43 next time, just because it will be more easily carried. In that Texas heat, the lighter/smaller, the better!

Top Bottom