• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Screenshot_2015-08-27-23-07-52-1_zpsfq33pjud.png

Went back to Steven R Jenkins 2 days after buying my G19 to get it a sidekick (G43)

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Except for those that area really recoil adverse, I've never seen the appeal of .380 in a gun that is the same basic size as a 9mm subcompact. Once you go smaller, the .380 comes into it's own with the ability to pack a small punch in a tiny package.

The flip side is also worth exploring-- out of a short barrel like the G43, would you really gain much of anything in .40 compared to the loss of shootability? Maybe with some Gold Dot Short Barrel type of loads that are mild for caliber, but not with standard, duty-grade .40. It's too hot for a mouse gun. It's the same scenario with shooting .357mag in a snub--what does it get you over the .38 +p for all that muzzle blast and recoil? Not much.

ETA: I wish someone would make 'low and slow" .40 loads just for this kind of scenario. Think of a 200gr Nosler at about 800 fps. PF comes in at 160, about like a 165gr load at a very mild 980ish FPS. Big, long slug of lead would have LOTS of penetration.

But how many rounds would you get? 5? Maybe? G43 is only 6 rounds...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I've always been a Ruger guy but have been thinking about trying a Glock. I'm not familiar with the various models other than the 43 and 26. Depending on the situation I carry my SR9C or LC9. I'm small frame and carry both IWB for better concealment. Any thoughts on a good glock model that would compare to the size of the SR? I always carry with the 10rd mag, not the 17.

I'm also a Ruger guy, but the Glock 42 is light years ahead of the LC380. The difference in trigger alone is worth it. I'm assuming the same is true for the Glock 43 and the LC9 - though my opinion might be different with the LC9s. Ruger put a proper trigger in it.

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I've been looking into a compact to carry. After going to the 1500 last weekend and getting a grip on all the varieties, I think I'll be purchasing a 43 for personal protection. It had the best hand fit/feel of the ones I tried.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I am going to shoot tomorrow again. I have 4 mags, but need to get about 4-6 more. This has definitely replaced the 26 as primary. I carry 2 whenever possible. 43 and 26 or 43 and 1 5/8 charter arms bulldog .44 special. I have a kydex IWB holster's for all 3 and a few pocket and ankle rigs. Thought about getting a second 43 to carry both.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    jfed, just wondering why a .380 G-42 instead of the 9mm G-43 to back up your already 9mm G-19?
    Just curious is all.
    Nice pic!

Oh wait, your post says G-42 but the pic looks like a G-43 EH?

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had the chance to shoot a G43 and did not like it one bit, I also shot several other single stack 9mm and the only one I really like was the SA XDS 9mm but to be honest I much rather carry G42 for deep concealment or backup.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    Fat fingers on a small phone. That is what I'm typing with now.

The 43 with finger extension was awful for me, hit me in the middle of the little finger. All the years of shooting/carrying a snub make it easy to wrap the little finger under.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Up in Michigan this weekend (KALKASKA) borrowed the wife G-43, put it in a Desantis Nemisis, will put a few rounds through it tomorrow, I feel naked without my G-27, but that's the funny part about it, in this pocket holster I don't even feel like there is anything there.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I was on the list. They were getting huge deliveries. I was told 100 guns the week before I got called. I would not want to check all those in.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well I took my wife's G-43 up to the cabin and put 100 rds through it, ehhhhhhhhhhh OK, but again the G-27 in .40 I left back here in Indy suits my needs better. I did break out a G-26 stashed in the car, same size as my left at home G-27, and shot it too. I did notice the cheap Federal Aluminum 9mm ammo I got to shoot up there in the woods was not in the least bit as accurate as 9mm Blazer Brass, and learned a lesson, cheaper ammo is not always better, they all went BOOM, but the accuracy suffered. Anyway the Mini Glock concealed and functioned flawlessly for anyone who is considering getting one. I left it and a last box of Federal 9mm Aluminum ammo for my son in law to finish up and bring home later today, I wonder how he does with it?

Top Bottom