• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sly14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Why does glock not make a single stack 9mm? I would think that they would to comepet with other companies. Seems to me it would be a hot selller.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    IDK why anyone makes a single stack. Why carry 8 when you can carry 16? The print is not that different from a shield and double stack. IMHO Go big or go home.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Who knows? Maybe Glock doesn't see the return on the investment (i.e. $$ to redesign the G26 and get it from 1.18" wide to 1" wide - what's the point).

Maybe it's import points. A handgun has to score 75 points (IIRC) to be importable. Since the G26 scores right at 75, and a single stack would be lighter (you get points for weight - so single stack would get LESS for being lighter), it might not be importable.

Domestic manufacturers don't have to be concerned with the import points system.

I can't remember the last time I carried a single stack anything. (Although I realize lots of people do.)

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'm pretty sure Glock isn't worried about competition at the moment, nor the cost to redesign. Glock designers would have the new pistol designed in less then a week and could probably be in production within the month if they really wanted to. I suspect their more worried about things like filling the 1000's upon 1000's of constant global orders coming in. Just saying... I'm sure they'll probably have one eventually, but I highly doubt their in a hurry.

Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    You'd think with the XD S out that Glock is considering a single stack version, but who knows. I prefer more capacity as well. If the high-cap ban hits I'd be extremely interested in a Glock variant though...

Firefighter56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    Its not always about printing or pant size. I carry an XD.40SC and my wife doesn't feel like she can control it. She also shot MANY 9mm's before she settled on the Shield. It was because of the size and thickness of the grip and her ability to feel like she has a good grip on the gun to control it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I don't think Glock makes anything single stack...

Ever heard of a Glock 36?

Glock-36.gif

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Maybe because they can't make enough to supply the current demand for double stacks??
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It seems to me Glock sells a ton of what they do make. I'm a Glock fan, but they seem to have taken the approach of we make what we make and people buy a ton of what we make, why bother to innovate? They seem to take a very different approach from S&W and Ruger.

I'm pretty sure Glock isn't worried about competition at the moment, nor the cost to redesign. Glock designers would have the new pistol designed in less then a week and could probably be in production within the month if they really wanted to

I used to think like this about Glock, but with some of the erratic ejection issues they have had and not been too quick to solve, I'm not so sure anymore.

Top Bottom