• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Just put a g23 gen 4 in layaway and ive always thought they looked kinda odd with the mag not sitting flush. Ive seen plugs but most sit flush with the fram and not the mag. Then i found one that sits flush with the mag but flips open for storage and i dont really need storage. So what im wondering is.....is there a frame plug for the g23 gen 4 that will sit flush with the mag and is not used for storage. Otherwise i was thinking about get the storage plug and gluing the door shut.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    That hole in the bottom of the grip is there for a reason. It lets dirt and debris out of the gun. Think of it as a garbage shoot (pun intentional). Leave it open.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    That hole in the bottom of the grip is there for a reason. It lets dirt and debris out of the gun. Think of it as a garbage shoot (pun intentional). Leave it open.

The comments below are assuming this gun my be used for protection at some point. If this gun will ONLY be used as a range gun and NEVER for protection, then none of the below applies.

The comment above is partially correct....BUT the main reason that whole is left in the grip is to assist with double feed jams (type 3 malfunctions). When you have one of these, the only way to correct it is to lock the gun open, rip the magazine out, and rack the slide multiple times to try and clear the jammed and excess rounds.

If you use a grip plug, you cannot grab the back of the magazine (pinching it between your thumb and index finger). All you have left is trying to grab the tiny little sides of your magazine base pad (pinching it between your thumb and index finger) which is very, very difficult under stress. Not much real-estate to work with there.

Use some dummy rounds and time yourself trying to clear one of these malfunctions at the range. Have one buddy scream in your ear at the top of his lungs (without hearing protection) while another buddy is throwing flaming tennis balls at you. Having the ability to grab the back of the magazine using that whole in the back of the frame will become a clear advantage.

Just my :twocents:.

Top Bottom