• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    Hello, I am attempting to build a G17. Does anyone have any experience as to which complete slides are any good? (I’ve already completed the lower) I have have found a few options, but there are almost zero reviews. Any help?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Aim Surplus makes slides for the G17 and G19.

Last edited:

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I went with the Strike industries lite slide. Two others I know also bought the Strike slide and have positive things to say. Higher quality than a lot of the offerings out there.

I've done 5 Glock builds at this point and often times they have some sort of hang ups so let me know if you need any help.

Last edited:

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Whatever you do, don't go too cheap on your parts kit. I did and ended up replacing a couple of parts that were not in spec. Don't know who makes AIMs slides but it was their upper parts kit that I had issues with. The recoil spring and rod were total crap and the striker was bent.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have only done one P80 build, but was pretty impressed with the quality and price of the Patmos Arms Revelation slides. The machining was good, it comes with slide windows (if you care about that) and the RMR cut and plate. Sights came pre-installed too.

I didn't buy from this vendor. I went with the option of slide and a full upper parts kit from JSD Supply, but very happy with how easy the build was. Mine was also a 19 and not 17, but the slide design is essentially the same.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've always had good success (aka, no failures) with Lone Wolf Distributor slides and barrels...
    Other stuff...seems like something's always off a bit on a few of them!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've always had good success (aka, no failures) with Lone Wolf Distributor slides and barrels...
    Other stuff...seems like something's always off a bit on a few of them!
    Are LW parts good quality? I've seen a few at steel challenge and they ran really good. A few guys built on their Timberwolf frames and slides and lw parts

Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    Aim Surplus makes slides for the G17 and G19.

Thank you. I will take a look at them. The cheapest I am finding is KM Tactical.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have heard good things about the 10mm guns but I have never actually fired one let alone owned one
    I had a Glock 20sf it was a good firearm. Reliable and accurate. I wanted a 1911 10mm though and I sold it but no Ronin 10mm available. Ended up with a RIA Ultra FS 10mm. It's a good pistol, but I want to get the Springfield Ronin 10mm to go along with my Springfield Ronin 45acp. They are excellent firearms out of the box.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Are LW parts good quality? I've seen a few at steel challenge and they ran really good. A few guys built on their Timberwolf frames and slides and lw parts
    I've always had good success with LWD parts...at least barrels and slides...I still run OEM part kits in them. But as far as accuracy and reliability, no negative issues to even speak of!

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    I have only done one P80 build, but was pretty impressed with the quality and price of the Patmos Arms Revelation slides. The machining was good, it comes with slide windows (if you care about that) and the RMR cut and plate. Sights came pre-installed too.

I didn't buy from this vendor. I went with the option of slide and a full upper parts kit from JSD Supply, but very happy with how easy the build was. Mine was also a 19 and not 17, but the slide design is essentially the same.
    Going to have to agree on jsdsupply. Haven't had any issues with the completed slides bought from there. the rear serrations are exactly like oem, i know because i have a brownell's slide too. so use in a caa mck wasn't an issue with the jsd.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Hello, I am attempting to build a G17. Does anyone have any experience as to which complete slides are any good? (I’ve already completed the lower) I have have found a few options, but there are almost zero reviews. Any help?
    You know you can buy one complete…right?…….
    Glock perfection?

Top Bottom