• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I have a Glock 32 and a 19 and I was thinking about getting a .40 conversion barrel for the 32 and maybe getting rid of the 19 and buying a 9mm conversion barrel as well for the 32. will my 19 mags work in the 32 with 9mm barrel? how well do these conversion work? any accuracy or fitting problems? I assume these are just drop in parts? TIA for any info.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Glock 32 and a 19 and I was thinking about getting a .40 conversion barrel for the 32 and maybe getting rid of the 19 and buying a 9mm conversion barrel as well for the 32. will my 19 mags work in the 32 with 9mm barrel? how well do these conversion work? any accuracy or fitting problems? I assume these are just drop in parts? TIA for any info.

Yes, your G19 mags would work in the G32... If you would like a couple extra round capacity, the G17 mags also work...

Getting the .40 barrel IMHO, would not be a conversion since the 32 and 23 are exactly the same gun except the barrel. I believe the follower in the mag is also different... I have never had any issues though switching between .40 & .357 using the same mag...

Going with a 9mm barrel has always worked great everytime I have done it using a Lone Wolf barrel. Now, saying that, I have never tried it with the Glock compact sized, but wouldn't antcipate any issues... I have done it with the service and tactical sized Glocks. The one time I did have issues, it was with a KKM barrel that was short chambered. In order for the round to drop in correctly, I would have to seat the bullet much deeper than I liked.

As for if they would be drop in parts or you would need fitted... It would depend on what barrel you bought... Every Lone Wolf barrel I have ever bought was a drop in and functioned flawlessly... Now, some of the more expensive barrels such as KKM, Briley, or Wilson might need fitted...I have heard many like the Storm Lake barrels, but I have never heard if they were drop in or needed fitted...

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hound, up to you but I personally would keep both and add a stock G23 barrel to the G32.Spare parts, back up weapon, same manual of arms, already paid for. $151 + shipping factory Glock new here Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - Glock Barrel M/23 40 S&W - $150.95

Two guns three calibers less than $175.

Buying a G23 barrel would not be a bad option, especially if the OP doesn't reload... Even though I have always fared well with aftermarket barrels, I would surely think the original with it's extra clearance in the chamber area would only lead to even better reliability...

The negatives to the factory barrel would be the " Glock bulge " in his brass, $40.00-$50.00 more than a Lone Wolf, and he would have to watch for possible leading much closer if he shoots cast. If he doesn't reload, these negatives would mean nothing.

Top Bottom