• ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    hi guys,
    I am an idiot. I got this crazy idea in my head to polish the slide on my glock. While i was poishing i relized it was impossible to get the look i wanted with the sights in the way. they were tritium nights sight that were well worn out. so i figured i was going to replace them anyway. so i took them off in the worst way i could, with a hammer, damn those things are really on there. luckily i did no damage to the slide but destroyed the sights. it was not till later did i realize i would not be able to afford the tfo sights i want for 3 weeks. leaving me with my self defense pistol with no sights for that long. I Was wanting to see if anyone had changed their sights and had left over plastic ones that glock puts on in the factory. I am broke at the moment, and a donation of sights to me might be tax deductable. lol Thanks guys, and let me know how you guys feel about the tfo sights, i have not heard alot about these, so any info would be helpful. If you would like to make donation, please pm me. Thank you guys.
    Ric:ingo:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I have my factory sights still, but like most the metal on the bottom side of the rear sight separated from the plastic upper. Most seem to separate when removed due to what you noticed. They are tight.

Also, since this is a personal protection gun, then I would just wait it out. A torso is a large target to begin with and the target isn't going to be 25 yards away. I could be wrong, but not sure I would worry about it.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have my factory sights still, but like most the metal on the bottom side of the rear sight separated from the plastic upper. Most seem to separate when removed due to what you noticed. They are tight.

Also, since this is a personal protection gun, then I would just wait it out. A torso is a large target to begin with and the target isn't going to be 25 yards away. I could be wrong, but not sure I would worry about it.
    +1. Since the front and back are both off you can basicall just look right down along the top and be in the ball park on hitting something. Cheer up!! After all aren't most shootings with the attacker within 5 feet anyway?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Ric, I don't have any but if you find some I'll meet you at ITP one afternoon with my sight tool and install them, FREE.:) When I install sights or do trigger jobs for people I normally return the old parts, as you know. If you find more than one person that wants to get rid of them, take em and I"ll toss a set in with my parts for the next guy that has a problem. I do have an abundance of 5.5 connectors if anyone might need one. My new email is gloktr@gmail.com.... Phone is still the same.

Last edited:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    as a side note, i am almost at a mirror shine, and i will post pics soon. I would be finished today, but i am all out of elbow grease from polishing for 3 hours yesterday.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    glock22mirror.jpg
    here she is. what do you guys think?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I mailed you a set yesterday, oil/grease the rear channel, gently tap the rear plastic sight on, the front has a very tiny plastic pin in the middle of the bottom, anyway with the front for right now, just put a drop of super glue on the bottom sides, press it in, it will hold and your p-stola will work in an emergency. Later knock the plastic back out, a lil nail polish remover in the front sight groove and a brush around the slide hole before the new night sights go on, and you'll be GTG.

Ingoer's, and especialy GLOCK fanatics, take care of each other. let us know when you get them, and get them on.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I see you copied my idea lol in my post about Glock polishing update, i noted that the glock slide (unless you take a Grinder to it) will not rust, the tennifer coating is embedded deep in the metal.. :D

Top Bottom