Glock Gen3 vs. Gen 4 (fit, feel, function)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    To me the better ergo's (better grip and mag release) of the Gen4 make it worth it. The Gen3 never fit my hand well which is why I drifted away from Glock, now that I have a Gen4 that fits great I'll never get rid of this one. Doesn't look much different but it is a HUGE difference for me.

Put some Ameriglo I-DOT Pro's on there and I'm good to go. This is my "go to gun" now.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    Have had a gen 4 G19 for going on 5 months now. Other than a squib round, it has been flawless. Like others, the gen 4 just fit my hand better than the other generations. This is my first Glock and it is a keeper and my normal EDC except when I carry a pocket pistol.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I have the G21 Gen 4, and absolutely love the gun! Zero problems so far and enjoy carrying and shooting. The recoil on this .45 feels like im shooting my 9mm! I really like the new features in the Gen 4 models. The magazine release is a HUGE plus for my taste.

When these pistols were first released, they had experienced problems in the 9mm models. Glock has since twinked the recoil springs and they are up and running like Glocks do.

Not sure why... but my G21 Gen 4 feels alot better in my hand than my G21SF ever did?!?!?! I really do like the texture in the grip as well. I think after a while folks will warm up to the new Glocks and they will grow to the top in popularity again.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Anybody ever find a custom grip that makes a Gen 3 feel more like a Gen 4?
    If I could improve the fit of my g3 G34 it would be a keeper for me (tried the hogue slip ons, better for me but still not good).

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    But their quality, R&D, knowledge isn't even close. They may be fine for grip plugs, but I personally wouldn't use them for anything that makes the gun run.

grip plugs? WTF? Are you friggin joking??

They make their own barrels, slides AND Timberwolf LOWERS!

You can build a complete Lonewolf Glock from their website. Caleb at GunNuts media loves his lonewolf Glock and competes with them.

You might want to refamiliarize yourself with Lonewolf before you make silly statements like this...

I am actually building a G17 upper using a LWD slide for my G34. 34 for competition, 17 for carry/classes.

Last edited:

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    grip plugs? WTF? Are you friggin joking??

They make their own barrels, slides AND Timberwolf LOWERS!

You can build a complete Lonewolf Glock from their website. Caleb at GunNuts media loves his lonewolf Glock and competes with them.

You might want to refamiliarize yourself with Lonewolf before you make silly statements like this...

I am actually building a G17 upper using a LWD slide for my G34. 34 for competition, 17 for carry/classes.

If the only way they had any success with their extractors was mistakenly sending customers the .40 version, and the one they designed for the 9mm doesnt work, that alone tells me that I'm not touching them for anything I'm trusting me life to.

You may do whatever you please, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that thinks lonewolf is on the same level as apex...and I like glock over SW.

Top Bottom