• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiana18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I know Glock Mags will be hard to find for a while, but my question is...has anyone read articles about when later this year the inventory levels should be normal enough for us common man can pop down to a gun store and get them again? If so let us know. My assumption is at least 6 to 9 months, but please enlighten me.

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    At the rate they are selling now if a hi cap bill passes the market will be swamped with mags for sale.

Prices will be cheaper after the bill passes vs now when everyone is in panic mode. :twocents:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Prices will be cheaper after the bill passes vs now when everyone is in panic mode. :twocents:

:scratch:

Were you around for the 1994 AWB? The exact opposite happened, as one would expect anytime you **** with supply and demand.

A ban passes, so the supply of "high capacity" mags becomes fixed at that point. Demand continues to escalate (because, who wants to be stuck with neutered 10rd mags in a gun designed to hold almost twice that?), and as a result, prices continue to rise.

It took some time for things to really get crazy, but paying $100+ for a pre-ban factory Glock mag wasn't uncommon in the late 90s/early 2000s.

What will be interesting is how far prices go up and how long it takes, if another ban is passed. We have the advantage of a TON more Glock mags in the system today than back in 1994, but we also have a TON more shooters wanting to buy them, as well as the whole Internet thing, which allows them to be advertised more widely and sold that much faster to the highest bidder.

On second thought, I hope we never find out.

Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    people are buying faster than retailers can stock........its going to be a while before we see anything....IF there is a mag ban then prices will explode, they are already through the roof and there is no ban yet. You honestly will just have to keep looking around and calling shops to see if they have any

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    Yes I was around well before the 94 ban. I was also around in 2004 when the same people flooded the gun shows wanting to sell their $1200 AR.

To many on the market to hold the value they are getting right now. The population of avid shooter/owners did not grow that much in 9 years, if anything it went down.

I agree with you, I hope we dont have to find out.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Turn back the clock. Sept 12 1993 I stopped by Popguns, Glock 19 mags in the blister pack were $15 ea. I did not think the proposed AWB would pass and did not buy the three on the wall. Next day 13 Sept 1993, bill passed, I went back to Popguns, same G-19 mags on the wall were now $30 ea. I bought all three.

Flash forward to today, you just bought a used Gen 2 or Gen 3 G-whatever Glock and it came with 1 mag or a 10 rd mag. What are you going to do? Buy now? Pay later?
    Sure they may come back down to the average $25-$30 ea. Dont hold your breath. Get them if and while you can.

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    If none of the Democrats anti gun bills pass into law in the next few months things should slow down by spring. Glock mags are easy enough to make and restock. You may even see some good deals on used mags here on INGO.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    PHP:
    If none of the Democrats anti gun bills pass into law in the next few months things should slow down by spring. Glock mags are easy enough to make and restock. You may even see some good deals on used mags here on INGO.

This is a VERY unlikely scenario. The current President has shown no hesitation in doing what he wants, regardless of legality or Constitutional boundaries. There WILL be new gun laws and bans. The only questions left to answer, in my opinion, is whether he will try to make existing weapons and magazines illegal to own, and if there will be another "sunset clause" as the 1994 AWB had. It is going to get much worse before it begins to get better.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    :scratch:

Were you around for the 1994 AWB? The exact opposite happened, as one would expect anytime you **** with supply and demand.

A ban passes, so the supply of "high capacity" mags becomes fixed at that point. Demand continues to escalate (because, who wants to be stuck with neutered 10rd mags in a gun designed to hold almost twice that?), and as a result, prices continue to rise.

It took some time for things to really get crazy, but paying $100+ for a pre-ban factory Glock mag wasn't uncommon in the late 90s/early 2000s.

What will be interesting is how far prices go up and how long it takes, if another ban is passed. We have the advantage of a TON more Glock mags in the system today than back in 1994, but we also have a TON more shooters wanting to buy them, as well as the whole Internet thing, which allows them to be advertised more widely and sold that much faster to the highest bidder.

On second thought, I hope we never find out.

I agree 100%. I remember Glock mags going for $150 in FL after the law went into effect. The prices will not go down if a magazine capacity limiting law goes into effect. Supplies will dwindle and demand will continue to be high, which will make prices continue to go up.

I had had a few 13 round mags for my Glock 21 that I bought back in 1991 at the time and only ever bought 1 10 rounder during the ban. I sold off my Glock 21 earlier last year but kept all my 13 rounders(purchased pre and post ban) for use with my Glock 30 and let the gun go with the 10 rounder only. Quite glad I kept those mags now.

I will not be caught without a good supply of mags for my various Glocks now.

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    According the the Glockstore rep who explained my backorder situation, GLOCK is 1.5 MILLION magazines backordered and 60,000+ weapons backordered.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Do you honestly think the Gov wont pass some sort of weapons magazine limitation(s)?
    Do you think other states wont pass restrictions like New York did? PULEEZZZ......

How many of you are under say 40, have just gotton or have a EDC with say one or two mags. Mags need to be replaced sometimes, you'll have a family and future family depending on you, spouse, kids, grandkids. If the future is limited, what future do they have? If you can afford them, get them (magazines) and above all VOTE, Indiana is a Free State for now, lets keep it that way.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I recall reading an article from the National Shooting Sports Foundation that stated if the President and Congress declared today that there would be no new bans or other restrictive legislation considered, it would still require at least 18 months for the industry to catch up with the current demand.

Top Bottom