GLOCK Models 41 and 42... let the speculation begin!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    In related news, I am not surprised that Glock elected to skip the model number 40. If they had any sense of humor, though, they would've made it a .22 pistol... then you would've had a Glock 22 .40 and a Glock 40 .22. :D

Ha Ha...that's a good one! I like it...actually!

In reality...I wouldn't mind seeing a 5" .45 and/or 10mm...I think those would go over well!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Say whahuh??? and here I was thinking that, since the glock format has become the new format for many other manufacturers to copy, and possibly improve upon, I thought they WERE innovators. Since they were kinda the only game in town for a long time.

and you make it seem like copying another design is a bad thing, but EVERY firearm, has parts that are design copies from someone else. Even the 1911, was not totally one-off, when it was designed.

Exactly what is the "right direction" for glock, in your opinion?

I'm a fan of Glock and have pretty much entirely consolidated to Glocks. Let's be clear. Glock is not a new format and it is not new for other manufacturers to copy. S&W and others copied Glock at one point, but quite frankly that is not where S&W and others are at anymore. As far as design and innovation (not market share, not yet), these other companies are surpassing Glock. Glock really has not innovated since the early 80's when they came on the scene. I agree, they WERE innovators. They have not been for a while though. There have been a few changes here and there, but they have not been much on innovation in a while, nor have they been listening to the market for some time. Also, I explicitly said, copying someone else is not a bad thing. Ruger does it all the time, and Glock has done it with removable backstraps, etc.

The right direction? Listen to and react to the civilian and LEO markets where it makes sense. Stay true to what you do, but also innovate. If they are finally coming out with some things that meet this, then I'll be very interested to see how the market reacts.

I'm a Glock fan through and through. The simplicity, and the commonality among their various models has made them my platform of choice. Has that been challenged of late? Yes, but I have an investment in the platform, and am not ready to jump, but others are jumping and will continue to do so. Glock has a huge part of the market, but they could find themselves in the same predicament as BlackBerry did in the phone market (I know the firearm market is not the same as the technology market) if they don't pay attention.

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    This is interesting, but I am not personally interested. No need for a single stack, a 19 does just fine for me. The only reason I am staying with Glocks is that I am so heavily invested in Mags and gear that I hate to switch to something else. Now from a market standpoint, this could be big.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is interesting, but I am not personally interested. No need for a single stack, a 19 does just fine for me. The only reason I am staying with Glocks is that I am so heavily invested in Mags and gear that I hate to switch to something else. Now from a market standpoint, this could be big.

Pretty much where I am at. Most of what I was talking about is market related as well.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    What GLOCK needs is a g19 that's only half or 2/3rds the thickness. Presto-- great cc gun.

i really doubt the are going with larger guns. Small is where the market's been moving for awhile, and Glick is behind in that regard.

then again, the only recent innovations from Glock have all been in .45.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I'm a fan of Glock and have pretty much entirely consolidated to Glocks. Let's be clear. Glock is not a new format and it is not new for other manufacturers to copy. S&W and others copied Glock at one point, but quite frankly that is not where S&W and others are at anymore. As far as design and innovation (not market share, not yet), these other companies are surpassing Glock. Glock really has not innovated since the early 80's when they came on the scene. I agree, they WERE innovators. They have not been for a while though. There have been a few changes here and there, but they have not been much on innovation in a while, nor have they been listening to the market for some time. Also, I explicitly said, copying someone else is not a bad thing. Ruger does it all the time, and Glock has done it with removable backstraps, etc.

The right direction? Listen to and react to the civilian and LEO markets where it makes sense. Stay true to what you do, but also innovate. If they are finally coming out with some things that meet this, then I'll be very interested to see how the market reacts.

I'm a Glock fan through and through. The simplicity, and the commonality among their various models has made them my platform of choice. Has that been challenged of late? Yes, but I have an investment in the platform, and am not ready to jump, but others are jumping and will continue to do so. Glock has a huge part of the market, but they could find themselves in the same predicament as BlackBerry did in the phone market (I know the firearm market is not the same as the technology market) if they don't pay attention.

OK, I think I quite misunderstood you. I agree with your concerns about glocks future, and the blackberry analogy is SPOT ON...

What they need is one of those break through inventions. Just making a smaller gun is not innovating, unless its got some special rifling that makes it as accurate as a service length barrel or something like that. Maybe a whole new metal treatment, but then they couldnt make them here, because the tree huggers would put a stop to it too, Im sure.

I dunno, Im not a genius, I look back at the firearms geniuses in the past, and Im amazed...

Last edited:

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    you are all wrong... it's a Glock rifle! one in 223, one in .308 :p

I'm voting for the single stack 9mm... I won't buy one, but i know a lot of people who would.
    I'm also hoping the other one is a long slide 45 (like a 34/35 length) that can be used in IDPA, etc...
    Remember, Glock doesn't usually start new model numbers unless it's s significant change in platform and both of these would qualify.

PS, Glock doesn't copy other guns... other guns copy Glocks.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I've figured for a long time that Glock would eventually have to come out with a US-manufactured .380 similar to the Euro offering. It would capitalize on the existing mania of men buying .380s for their WAGs, while staying true to Glock's risk-averse strategy by being only incrementally different from something they already make.

Taking the OP at face value, this would fill the lower-price end of that rumor. But as to the more-expensive part of the equation? That's a puzzler...because I can't imagine what would make people willing to pay that kind of money for a Block (pun intended). They've stuck with their existing pricing strategy for so long, that a more-expensive departure from it would indeed be a big step for them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    10mm in the G36 platform please!

That would be interesting. It would also follow that the single stack 10mm thin slide would be later mated to the G29 to make a G29s. Chatter from GlockTalk seems to be around it being a single stack .380 though. I have no idea why they would do that though.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You guys are ALL wrong. It's very clear that the 41 will be a .410 handgun and the 42 will be a .25, don't laugh. I done seent it.

That is hilarious, +2 and probably the closest yet. It will be a long-slide .410/.45, and they will call it..."The Appellate Judge!"

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    glock-g42.jpg

and this:
    GLOCK 41 GEN 4 45ACP 5.3 AS 13RD GLOCK PG4130103 - Only $645.99 - Free Shipping, No Tax! Glock GLOCK PG4130103

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Zippos don't fire everytime. Terrible ad! Fire that guy.

for those wondering about a 1911 glock. Why would glock take a perfect design and crap on it with an unreliable gun?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Zippos don't fire everytime. Terrible ad! Fire that guy.

for those wondering about a 1911 glock. Why would glock take a perfect design and crap on it with an unreliable gun?
    First half I gotta agree with. I've had a couple Zippos that were less than perfect.

Second half I can't agree with. Not sure why you think 1911s are unreliable (different thread for that). I was really hoping for a 1911 even though it was a pipe dream. Maybe the 42 will be more interesting to me.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    Ok guys, I've got the inside scoop. I just got off the phone with my contact in the Smyrna factory. The new models will be: polymer framed 1911 in .45GAP and a wheel gun in .22 short.

Happy Turkey Day!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    On a more serious note, the betting odds are"

G41 is IPSA-length .45ACP (Think G35 in .45ACP_
    G42 is compact .380 (think Kahr P380 in Glock form)

Thin is in. Since glock only has one model with a single-stack mag, they are missing out on market share, big time.

Why they are doing .380 instead of a 9mm is beyond me!

Top Bottom