Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ducati > Harley

:)

All Japanese/European bikes > HD

Harley > Victory but thats not much to brag about.

Just my personal experiance honestly the American bikes are poor quality compared to the Japs and Euros. Sorry guys but its true. If you dont belive me ill let you take my place as a tech this summer and you keep count of how the major problems to miles on the bikes ratio stacks up between the japs and euros compared to the US bike.

I still think the Glock bike should be a KTM RC8 or Super Duke, or maybe atleast a BMW S 1000 RR.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    All Japanese/European bikes > HD

Harley > Victory but thats not much to brag about.

Just my personal experiance honestly the American bikes are poor quality compared to the Japs and Euros. Sorry guys but its true. If you dont belive me ill let you take my place as a tech this summer and you keep count of how the major problems to miles on the bikes ratio stacks up between the japs and euros compared to the US bike.

I still think the Glock bike should be a KTM RC8 or Super Duke, or maybe atleast a BMW S 1000 RR.

Italian bike > Japanese bike > Harleys

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    foreign bikes would me much better if they didnt sound like aboslute ass. Sure they look pretty cool with their decals on their 4-wheeler plastic and they are really fast (top end). But much like their fart-canned sissy car cousins...they sound like a bunch of pissed off bumble bees and have no torque. Give me a Harley or a V8 car anyday. I'll get flamed by all the kids on the internet for those remarks but hey I like the 1st amendment as well as the 2nd. :patriot::rockwoot:

Edit: Itialian cars are not included in my rant because they have V8's-V12's

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    foreign bikes would me much better if they didnt sound like aboslute ass. Sure they look pretty cool with their decals on their 4-wheeler plastic and they are really fast (top end). But much like their fart-canned sissy car cousins...they sound like a bunch of pissed off bumble bees and have no torque. Give me a Harley or a V8 car anyday........

V-Rod torque 85ft. lbs @ 7000 rpm

Hayabusa torque 97ft. lbs @ 7000 rpm

:popcorn:

:D

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    lol no I wouldnt ride in a harley airplane...I wouldnt ride in any motorcycle manufacturers airplane! I also wouldnt shoot a black and decker pistol.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ducati diavel (ducati's version of the v-rod): 94 lb of torque at 8k rpm and 162 hp at 9500 rpm

You mean Ducati's attempt to make a Yamaha V-max

Yamaha V-Max Torque 109.7 lt-ft @ 6500rpm, HP 169.6 @ 8750 rpm

And finally I present the 2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R as my evidence to the court that Japanese bikes still dominate all others.
    1/4 mile times in the high 8 and low 9 second mark FACTORY!

Torque and HP ratings not available at this time But I just attened The 2012 product update meeting yesturday and they said Torque is roughly 100lbs and HP is well over 200. Kawasaki corporette NEVER releases exact numbers as they prefer to leave it up to independent testing in order for thier claims to not be called exaggerated.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    lol no I wouldnt ride in a harley airplane...I wouldnt ride in any motorcycle manufacturers airplane!

Have you ever ridden in a Boeing 777 or 787? If so you should know that alot of it was made by Kawasaki. Also Kawasaki makes Jet boats, Helicopters, construction equipment and open sea tankers and highspeed trains. Kawaski also buids ALL the Japanese Military T-4 trainer jets along with a few others. Kawasaki is also buliding all the attack helicopters for the japanese military. also did you know that almost every major car maker in the world uses Kawasaki robotics to assemble thier cars? including but not limited to HONDA, TOYOTA, MITSUBISHI, SUBARU, BMW, FORD, CHEVY, DODGE and others. If you dont belive me google Kawasaki Heavy Industries and check it out for yourself.

EDIT: I forgot Kawasaki also builds Japans Military SUBMARINE.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Have you ever ridden in a Boeing 777 or 787? If so you should know that alot of it was made by Kawasaki. Also Kawasaki makes Jet boats, Helicopters, construction equipment and open sea tankers and highspeed trains. Kawaski also buids ALL the Japanese Military T-4 trainer jets along with a few others. Kawasaki is also buliding all the attack helicopters for the japanese military. also did you know that almost every major car maker in the world uses Kawasaki robotics to assemble thier cars? including but not limited to HONDA, TOYOTA, MITSUBISHI, SUBARU, BMW, FORD, CHEVY, DODGE and others. If you dont belive me google Kawasaki Heavy Industries and check it out for yourself.

EDIT: I forgot Kawasaki also builds Japans Military SUBMARINE.

I knew that already, but you'd think with all that technology and knowledge they could build a decent motorcycle.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I knew that already, but you'd think with all that technology and knowledge they could build a decent motorcycle.

LOL!! To each thier own my friend!

Edit: Pick up a few copies of "Motrocyclist" magazine and see who has "Bike Of The Year" for the last few years. ;) If Kawasaki didnt win it overall they atleast won a category or 2.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    LOL!! To each thier own my friend!

Edit: Pick up a few copies of "Motrocyclist" magazine and see who has "Bike Of The Year" for the last few years. ;) If Kawasaki didnt win it overall they atleast won a category or 2.

Yeah, and that means pretty much the same thing as a gun magazine praising the latest firearm they were given for free.

I really have no problem with the reliability of Kawasaki motorcycles, they just don't make anything that is very interesting. I feel the same way about HD, Honda, and Suzuki also.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah, and that means pretty much the same thing as a gun magazine praising the latest firearm they were given for free.

I really have no problem with the reliability of Kawasaki motorcycles, they just don't make anything that is very interesting. I feel the same way about HD, Honda, and Suzuki also.

Thats very true. But I atleast like to think the guys doing the reviews know a little about what they are talking about.

Honestly your not alone in your feelings of the Jap bikes becoming cookie cutter boring, thus we see the euro bike popularity soar.

Anyway since this has gotten way off topic now allow me to try to get it back on the subject.

The Glock bike is ugly, and I maintain my earlier feelings that it should be a KTM RC8. :D

Top Bottom