• Do you use the Glock OEM sights?

• Total voters

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I can use the standard Glock sights without issue.
    I prefer the Trijicon now. I pick them up faster and I need the clarity of the night sights on the Trijicons. NOT big dots.
    I got into punching pretty little holes in paper so the factory sights were more work and I just couldn't pick them up quick enough.
    That being said.... I ran standard glock sights for years when I could tolerate a Glock. No problems either way.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The only issue I have with stock plastic sights is the robustness (or possible lack thereof) for using an alternate one handed rack using the rear sight.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I replace them. For EDC, the stock sights are workable, but I don't like plastic sights. For HD nightstand duty, I need to have nightsights. I have flashlights all over the place, but when I glance at the nightstand in the dark, night sights tell me exactly where the pistol is and how it's sitting. They are like runway lights for the HD gun. Right now, my preference are the Trijicon HDs. Pricey but good.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I think most you tubers just buy something, shoot a video, then sell. Although hickok45 keeps them all I think lol. Their factory night sights are good, plastic are not durable for real use.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I can't help be to think that plastic sights are no more than dovetail protectors to keep them in good shape until the new owner figures out what type of sights to use.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    My Glock 19 is about three months old. Still has the stock sights. I've been trained with them and find them acceptable for the time being.

I have a cross-dominant eye situation and my research indicates that some types of sights, such as the Heinie Straight 8 or the Warren Tactical 2-lamp system, may or may not be an improvement over the stock sights or 3-dot sights in my situation. I also recognize the potential durability problem with the stock plastic sights. All that said, I will probably be replacing the stock sights in the near future, but haven't made a final decision.

ront

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    United States
    For several years I have owned the M&P 9c and Shield. I had the 9c set up with the Trjicon front and Warren Tactical rear site. I liked it pretty well. A few months back, I did some trading around and got the Glock 19 Gen 4 Talo pistol. I really like the way it is set up. It has the Ameriglo sites and the front site really grabs your eye both day and night. I then purchased the G26 Gen 4 and immediately picked up the same site and installed them on that pistol. I really like them a lot. I am thinking about changing the Shield to the same sites.

Ron

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have a 1st Gen Glock M17 with the OEM, but the sights look like a dog chewed up. I bought the gun in high school and have shot the snot of it.

I am a big 10-8 fan, especially as I age and the lenses in my eyes keep growing. Helps to suck in that light on both sides of the front sight.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Factory work just fine for most things. Planning on self defense or more serious use get rid of them.

I like metal night sights of the streight eight variety.

Signess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Evansville
    I've not had a problem with stock Glock sights but have night sights on most my pistols. The Trijicon HD sights are awesome day and night. Love the photo luminescent paint. After owning probably 20 Glocks over the last 20 years my recommendation is sell your Glock and by a P320 Sig. Great trigger and more dependable and accurate then any Glock I've owned.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Their OEM plastic sights are crap. Now their OEM metal night sights are fantastic.

Agreed! I am fine with the Glock metal sights, but even above those I prefer Trijicon HD sights on my pistols. As already stated by another, they are great day or night and super fast target acquisition. I love them!

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I always try to replace the sights on any carry Glock with something metal. Usually a plain black rear and a higher visibility front sight.

One thing I have learned over the years is that you can shoot pretty damn good with no sights. Good replacement sights can help, but don't put too much into them. My reasons for the changing the sights are for durability purposes only, you can still shoot a tight group with the factory plastic sights.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I don't use them, but that's only because I wanted night sights and prefer dots. All my Glocks have TrueGlo TFX, except my G20, which has TFO's on it. However, if I didn't want the night sights, the factory sights would be fine. I had no issues with them and I found them to be easy to get onto target quickly.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I come from a competitive shooting background. So I prefer something up front that catches my eye with a plain black rear sight. I've always liked the Trijicon HDs for this purpose and for the reason that the rear sight provides a shelf that better allows for one-handed manipulation. My biggest issue with the HDs has always been the front sight width. I always had a much skinnier front sight on my competition pistols, which I prefer.

And then Trijicon just announced at SHOT 2017 that they are coming out with the HD XR. The new HD XR front sight as a sight width of .122" compared to the originals as .144". So I'm very excited about these new sights coming out!! I need to go measure my Dawson's to see what sight width I've been shooting all these years.

Top Bottom