• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Between the 2, the Glock 26 shouldn't be compared to the S&W 9c. The G26 is a subcompact, while the 9c is a compact.

A fair comparison is the S&W 9c VS the Glock 19.

That being said, go for which one fits your hand the best.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I agree I have owned both and still have the 26 and the m&p 9c. I would do a comparison between those 2. I can't speak on sw 9c. Try both or all 3 before u buy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I love M&P and carry an M&P9C all the time. That being said, either one will serve you well if you have narrowed your choices down to those two.

If you have the ability, set them side by side and choose the one that fits your hands and preferences the best. Heck, choose the one with the better price if you really can't decide.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Both are QUALITY, but what do YOU shoot the best / get QUALITY shots on target FASTEST? Find someone with both (factory original, if possible) to get a good baseline and go from there. Since they are two different animals, you need to get more hands on time instead of just taking our words for it.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've owned both and I really think the M&P9c is a fantastic gun. As another poster had said, there is enough size difference between the two making it a hard comparison. The size of the 9c makes it fit perfectly in between the G26 and the G19 so it does boil down a bit to what you are looking to use it for. The good news the magazines from any of the full-size versions of those guns will work in them so that is a nice bonus for buying into the M&P or Glock 9mm family if you opt for a full-size pistol in the future. If you do already have a full-size Glock or M&P it would make the most sense to go for the smaller version to help keep costs down because you can probably use the same holsters/mags and mag carriers for that.

In the end, I'm a Glock shooter despite owning and shooting/carrying/competing with the M&P series of autos so I'd go for Glock..but the 19 over the 26.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Have owned and enjoy both but the M&P9c with the apex trigger is my favorite!

Glock 19. Only slightly larger than the sub compact, but that extra grip length makes it easier to get a good grip on the gun.

Both are QUALITY, but what do YOU shoot the best / get QUALITY shots on target FASTEST? Find someone with both (factory original, if possible) to get a good baseline and go from there. Since they are two different animals, you need to get more hands on time instead of just taking our words for it.

Being friends with all of these guys I find this thread entertaining! :): Oh and forget either the M&P or Glock and buy yourself a Walther PPQ. :stickpoke:

Seriously pick the one that fits your hand the best and buy it. Or find someone who owns both, shoot them both and buy the one that works for you.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Being friends with all of these guys I find this thread entertaining! :): Oh and forget either the M&P or Glock and buy yourself a Walther PPQ. :stickpoke:

Seriously pick the one that fits your hand the best and buy it. Or find someone who owns both, shoot them both and buy the one that works for you.

We were just having this conversation the other day, weren't we?!

If you still can't decide, you can always just get a Glock & Wesson 45mm.

bar3353

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    Evansville
    it depends on size, whether or not you are comfortable without a safety, and which company you like better. Like DustyDawg said the G19 would be better. It's still compact too

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I have never shot a M&P but have managed to pick them up several times. Personally I like the feel of the Glock better and with all the positive opinions on reliability, that's what I chose. The G19 has the same frame as my 23 and I love it.

cow35f

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Mulberry, IN
    I have both and find myself going for thw S&W, that has an Apex trigger kit, first. Not sure why, but it seems more comfortable.

Top Bottom