• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • postmanpwc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    ROFL this should be a classic it pretty much sums up every "glock vs xd" or "glock bashing/praising" thread ever created. First it starts with some overstated valid points and from there rolls down hill to just bashing each other!

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Now I don't like to get into these kinds of things, but why can't glock owners admit to the inherent design flaws. I would assume that a glock lover would be suspicious of a proponent of another platform saying it is perfect or something similar. But that seems to be the attitude with glock lovers. Not to mention the bland "kool-aid" type arguments that are so prevalent.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Not sure of what flaws you mean? I know there are prefernce choices that you might not want on a hand gun. But I love my glocks and plan on buying more. However I get a helluva discount so I will be brand loyal for more then 1 reason! I have not and will not ever say its the best out there. But theres no reason to hate it because its not the perfect gun. ( ______________ insert cynical sarcasm about the XD, colt, taurus, sig, kimber, H&K, S&W, whatever.......... being the perfect gun so we can move on!) Can't we all just shoot sh*t and get along!

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Not sure of what flaws you mean? I know there are prefernce choices that you might not want on a hand gun. But I love my glocks and plan on buying more. However I get a helluva discount so I will be brand loyal for more then 1 reason! I have not and will not ever say its the best out there. But theres no reason to hate it because its not the perfect gun. ( ______________ insert cynical sarcasm about the XD, colt, taurus, sig, kimber, H&K, S&W, whatever.......... being the perfect gun so we can move on!) Can't we all just shoot sh*t and get along!

I agree with your sentiment. I am a big fan of the "shoot what you trust" mantra. I wasn't knocking brand loyalty. I certainly have mine. I just notice a lot of over-the-topness (I know that's not a word) with some glock owners.
    As far as design flaws you already know what I am going to say. I'm sure you have heard it all before. I don't, however, think it is just all about personal preference. Here i how I see it. Just consider it my :twocents:.

preference:
    -polymer
    -grip angle, general ergonomics.
    -sights
    -just plain ugly
    -trigger only a gorilla could love.

design flaws:
    -no safeties
    -unsupported chamber
    -fires somewhat out of battery
    -have to pull trigger to field strip.

I do feel the need to say that I respect the glock "philosophy." That is, simple point and shoot and that you can whack it with a hammer and it won't fire. Like I said, I'm not a glock basher (I know they're out there), but I don't think it just comes down to preferences. As a note, I am equally aware of the flaws in my chosen platform.

Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    i agree, sticky it! i've been looking at both guns also. held both, reviewed both, have yet to shoot either. i'm going for the xd because it feels better in my hand, has the palm grip, and i like the sights and capacity of the .40.

great movie, very informative and hilarious!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    who's said anything about fighting? I've never said anything bad about glocks in any sort of seriousness. you glock guys are awful sensitve.;)

:D

Funny thing is, I don't really care, but it's fun to go back and forth :D

we can't talk about obama and libtards ALL the time

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    That's because you guys don't get bent out of shape when people say "I like a different gun better than HK and Sig" or call people HK and Sig bashers for depending on a different handgun.

That is because we all had a good upbringing and our mothers taught us not to make fun of people with MMR.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    batman.jpg

Top Bottom